open brain

stargazer

i am going to the place where i buy my reef supplies today i have to pick up a pump it is a1hr drive so i was thinking while i was there i would pick up an open brain coral dose anyone have exp.with this coral thanks

cjb82

Thanks, I have a smaller one where the mouth is not that large. I use a turkey baster to get some food on him.

stargazer

thanks for reply we just got back we got an all green brain 1st please excuse my spelling and grammer,i am not very good with eather nor am i very fast or good on this comp.so here gos i will try to answer your questions lighting ?.2x175mh,1x250mh,6x32pc,tank size ?125gal dual overflows and returns 175lbs live rock .how long set up? up graded from a 45gal 8/1/03 45 was up 6 months20gal over head fuge working on a 150 gal basement fuge this will take some time ,just got the pump today .coral that we have now green star polyps,pagoda coral,toadstool leather ,button polyps, ,favite,colt,candy,shrums=hairy,ricorda and some other frags thanks for info greatly appreciated

peejfish

thats an excellent brain coral waterfaller....i'm thinking of getting one too...what do you use to get the food to it?

stargazer

carol i dont have a digital camra i would like to get one it seems i am always up gradeing or changeing some thing on the reef i just can not get the $ for one. wenever i get extra $ the reef eats it. someday !!i told bang guy as soon as i get one i would post some pics to show him what he and all the others helped to build he has helped me out a lot thanks for reply

stargazer

thanks for the info i thought had to have one that cost a lot of $$$.all i ever saw talked about here were very exp. maybe we can look into a cheaper one and see if i can figure out how to post .like i said before i am not real good with this comp.wenever something go's wrong i call my son, hey come over and fix this thing lol. thanks again for info