Open for ideas

slammy16

I currently have a 72gl bowfront reef, I was lucky enough to score a 215gl reefready tank with sump, protien skimmer, live rock etc....
I have not got it yet but, was just thinking of what to put in there. The lights that are coming with it are power compacts so i really wasnt going to go reef i dont think.
I will be taking some of the things from my current tank and moving it over to the big one when i get it. LIke my purple tang, maroon clown and anenome and some misc. mushrooms and zoos. Then i will sell my 72gl, was in the agreement with the wife when she let me upgrade.
So livestock? I really like the Annularius Angel(blue ring) and i like the radiata Lionfish. Anyone have either of these fish? are they good ideas, pros vs. cons.
Open for ideas

mike22cha

What are the deminsions of 215g tank? I would get a small shark like a coral cat or a marbled catshark, but that wouldn't be compatible with either of the fish you mentioned. I'm pretty sure both of those fish you mentioned would work. How about also getting a moray eel and a big tang of another type body shape then the purple like a naso?

slammy16

Dimensions are 72" long x 24" deep x 30" tall. Now i dont know for sure that it is a 215gl but, that is what i was told.
The guy had a 40" eel dont know what kind, but it was green and a blue striped grouper. Another Tang would be kewl I like the Achillies but i have heard bad things.
Also I currently have a dwarf angel a potters angel now can you have Large angels with dwarf angels? I am assuming with so much room that it should be ok but then the potters might get eaten by something that i buy later.

rara12

All i can say is try to stay away from sharks, they will need a larger tank eventually. The blue ring angel is very shy/passive from the indeviduals i have seen. Get stressed easy. Very pretty. Large but can do well in your sized aquarium. How much LR do you have because this guy really like to graze.
On the lion it too is a good choice. My favorite lion. Will restrict your stock options alittle but im sure you dont want any small fish in that sized tank.
If your posting this you prob. want an agressive tank. All i can say is remember that triggers + lions in the same tank = trouble. Not too many triggers in the same tank, Agressive fish tend to add alot of stress to the bioload so be wary and understock. If you do decide you want to try a shark leave out any angel, trigger, and puffer as they will harm the shark.
In that sized tank tangs are a good smaily to look at. Wrasses, puffers, rabbits, squirrels, the list goes on and on. HTH

rara12

You can mix large and small angels and if the potters angel is a good size (not tiny) it should be fine.

mike22cha

Okay so it is more of a show tank. It basiclly the deminsions of a 180 except taller. I think a puffer would also be cool. How big do red snappers get? I think that would be cool to.

rara12

way to huge. Avoid. It even made the list of fish to avoid on this website! If you like snappers you could do a pork fish, a squirrel. Or if you just like the red white combo the rooster hog would work.

slammy16

IT will have over 200lbs of LR. Its coming with 200lbs and i have about 90lbs in my current tank. I will prabably sell some locally because that just sounds like too much LR.
I wont be doing any sharks that i do know. Puffers are something that intrigues me, Lions - Puffers good together ?
THe filtering is a Corallife Superskimmer and Ecosystem refrigium(rated for 300gl)
THis is the picture the guy sent me.

babyb

Originally Posted by slammy16
IT will have over 200lbs of LR. Its coming with 200lbs and i have about 90lbs in my current tank. I will prabably sell some locally because that just sounds like too much LR.
I wont be doing any sharks that i do know. Puffers are something that intrigues me, Lions - Puffers good together ?
THe filtering is a Corallife Superskimmer and Ecosystem refrigium(rated for 300gl)
THis is the picture the guy sent me.

no lions and puffers do not mix, puffers are way to curious and nip at the fins of the lion, neither do lions and triggers

slammy16

Can you have a dwarf lion and a large lion together in the same tank?
Or will the big one eat the other one when it gets big