Opinions needed

damselz

Hey guys Happy New Year,
I am a web designer and thought of an idea to start a new business. I researched it first and found that there are very few companies that do this. You know those "we sell your stuff on ----" stores, I was thinking of offering a sell your car on ---- service. I've sold cars on ---- before and find that most people would rather not be bothered with the hassles of listing and figuring out what to write or what pics to use. Like I said, there are some companies out there that do it but none in my area. I was thinking for local people I could take the pictures for them and all they provide me is a VIN # and what they want to ask for.
Just looking for opinions on the idea, I have already researched costs and refund policies and legal stuff. Just looking for opinions like if you would actually pay for this kind of service to sell your car.

ackermsb

I like it!!! I think people would be willing to do this but to be successfull you should branch out into high value items such as Boats and anything else of say value over acertain amount of $$$
Good luck

tangman99

It could work but I would think it would be more of a side business for quite some time. I would think it would take a while to get the customer flow to make a living at that alone.

damselz

Yeah, I agree it would take some time to establish but as an extra income source I think it might just work.