Opinions needed...

btldreef

Picked him up, got him home and he dove right into the sand. I'll try for pictures tomorrow. He's beautiful.
On a sad note, while we were out picking this guy up, our male McCosker's Wrasse went tile surfing :-(

jerth6932

Picked him up, got him home and he dove right into the sand. I'll try for pictures tomorrow. He's beautiful.
On a sad note, while we were out picking this guy up, our male McCosker's Wrasse went tile surfing :-(
Glad to hear you got it! Sorry bout mccoskers..... mine has jumped in overflow 2 times.....

flower

I had a yellow wrasse that dove right into the sand when I got it, and I never saw it again....That was years ago and like I said it was a yellow wrasse.
Has your new baby come out yet? I was tagging along and waiting for pictures as well. I don't know much about them, except how pretty they are.

1guydude

Quote:
I had a yellow wrasse that dove right into the sand when I got it, and I never saw it again
I know!!! Wats with the fish and stuff just disappearing in this hobby! I had a canary wrasse do the same thing. It was kool for a couple dayz than just went MIA....however thats when i had some Lrg hermits.
You should just give up on this hobby BTL and send all ur equipment to me + shipping costs!

flower

I have heard of those fish showing up after weeks of hiding. I had such hopes...I also had hermit crabs so who knows what his fate was. I'm sure it's not the norm for them to never be seen again. Lots of folks have wrasses with no problems.

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/386309/opinions-needed/20#post_3393062
I have heard of those fish showing up after weeks of hiding. I had such hopes...I also had hermit crabs so who knows what his fate was. I'm sure it's not the norm for them to never be seen again.
Lots of folks have wrasses with no problems.
I sure hope not... then what are we buying them for if it's not to enjoy?
Completely know where you are coming from!

mr. limpid

Very nice, I bet these pictures do no do it justice. Ah copper band butterfly, always liked that fish some day when I get big reef tank.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///forum/thread/386309/opinions-needed/20#post_3394584
Very nice, I bet these pictures do no do it justice. Ah copper band butterfly, always liked that fish some day when I get big reef tank.
They don't do it any justice. I can not get the vibrant colors on this guy to really show up on camera. Doesn't help that I'm only using the camera on my iPhone. I can't wait to get a female so his colors really pop.
I love my Copperband. So peaceful. I'm lucky, never has shown any interest in corals and has ate frozen from day one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
http:///forum/thread/386309/opinions-needed/20#post_3394585
Gorgeous! Congrats!!
Thanks! He really is an awesome little fish. Now to find him a mate!