Opinions on Bioload? Like Another Fish or Two...

sorcha

I’d like to check on the bioload of our tank, mostly because I’d like to add another fish or two and don’t want to tip the balance. Here’s what we have:
Tank
94 gallon corner tank
100 lbs. live rock
80 lbs of live sand
Filtration = standard sump w/protein skimmer
Livestock
1 Yellow Tang
1 Gold Striped Maroon Clown
2 Dispar Anthias
1 Midas Blenny
1 Dwarf Flame Angel
1 Purple Pseudochromis
Corals/Inverts

1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp
1 Md. Electric Green Carpet Anemone
1 Sm. Bubble Tip Anemone
Sm. Torch Coral
Md. Chili Coral
Lg. Cat Eyed Zoos
Brown Button Polyps
Yellow Polyps
Green Star Polyps
Purple Clove Polyps
Pulsing Xenia
Pipe Organ
Kenya Tree
4 mini Elephant Ear Mushrooms (1 that split 4 ways)
Several Types of Discoma Mushrooms
Clean Up Crew

Over 100 different snails
10 – 20 blue & red legged hermit crabs (we had more, but the carpet anemone keeps eating them!)
You’re opinions are appreciated, not only on what we currently have – but if we can add another fish or two and what you would suggest adding. We tend towards Indo-Pacific for the most part.
Thanks for your time!

sorcha

Originally Posted by Jupoc911
Get your hands on a blue assessor and add one.
First I've heard of one. Just looked it up and it's very pretty. Needed more blue in the tank anyway!
Thanks for the suggestion!

sorcha

Hoping someone can provide feedback based on what we have as to if we are at our limit, or if we safely have room for a couple more peaceful reef types.
:thinking:

bonebrake

I would say you could add two or three more fish that do not need a ton of swimming room (no more tangs) and do not grow too large. Perhaps a partner for your gold stripe maroon and a goby of some sort.
:joy:

sorcha

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
I would say you could add two or three more fish that do not need a ton of swimming room (no more tangs) and do not grow too large. Perhaps a partner for your gold stripe maroon and a goby of some sort.
Thanks for responding.
2 or 3 more you think? Really? I'd love to...just want to make sure we don't overdo it.
Not so sure about another Maroon Clown. The one we have is pretty darned pushy. He's the most aggresive in the tank. Big bully.
Definitely no more Tangs or Angels. Green Clown Gobbies look really cute - but they're supposed to be so small! Only an inch long - can you even see them in the tank? Never seen one in the LFS.

bonebrake

I figured finding a partner for the maroon would be a challenge.

I think the only way you would be successful would be to find a maroon the same size or larger that someone else wants to give up or sell. Regardless, it was only a suggestion.
If you keep up on your maintenance with regular water changes and feed appropriately and with your protein skimmer I see no reason why you could not increase your bioload with two more fish or three if they all have small adult lengths.

sorcha

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
I figured finding a partner for the maroon would be a challenge.

I think the only way you would be successful would be to find a maroon the same size or larger that someone else wants to give up or sell. Regardless, it was only a suggestion.
If you keep up on your maintenance with regular water changes and feed appropriately and with your protein skimmer I see no reason why you could not increase your bioload with two more fish or three if they all have small adult lengths.

Thanks again Bonebrake, I appreciate your time. :)

teen

i think you have room for 1 more fish comfortably. you could push it to 2 or 3 more, but then you would be maxed out and you wouldnt be able to afford missing a water change. imo, youre better off adding just one more fish, just to play it safe.