Opinions on how many more fish I can add to my tank without it being overcrowded?

phanatik

It has been a crazy yet fun experience but I finally set up my first SW tank. It's been running a long time now so I got my first batch of fish this past weekend after having green chromis in there as testers for the past month. Here are the specs and stock list I currently have:
300-gallon 6-ft. tank w/side overflow
wet/dry filter w/sock
protein skimmer
2 return pumps
2 36" Marineland Doublebrights
Stock list currently in the tank:
(3) 1.5-inch green chromis
3-inch niger trigger
5-inch unicorn tang
5-inch blue tang
8-inch naso tang
4-inch volitan lionfish
2-inch sailfin blenny
Do you guys think I can add a little bit more fish into my tank without it being overcrowded? The other fish that I would want are a Huma Trigger, Foxface, and a Imperator Angelfish. I would be done after these additions. I know everyone's opinions are different, so let me hear a couple.

novahobbies

Triggers and lionfish don't mix.....either the trigger will pester the lion to death, or the lion will finally get fed up and manage to envenomate the trigger.
Honestly I'm not sure about the lion in with the tangs, but I'll let people more knowledgeable than I chime in about that. My guess would be to turn in the Lion and add the foxface and angel.

btldreef

If you want the lion, I don't recommend Triggers or Angelfish, they'll nip at the fins. And your lion is going to eat your Chromis over time.
I'd ditch the lion.

mr. limpid

The trigger will also eat your chromis, And caution on adding triggers with triggers. But you do have 300gal tank (very nice) so the triggers may get along and the Imperator Angelfish will look marvelous in there. Do you have LR also?

phanatik

Thanks for the replies guys. I understand the the chromis will probably eventually get eaten, either by the lionfish or when my trigger(s) get bigger. The chromis were just the tester fish for my tank to see if it was ready. I like them, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if they got eaten. I have had mixed reviews about keeping triggers with a lionfish. Some say it's okay, some say one will eventually kill the other. I'm just hoping that they'll get along in the long haul. Yes, I'm really excited to add some large angels. I think they'll look great in my tank. But I'm the type of person that likes raising fish from juvenile to adulthood and with the angels, they totally transform in shape and color so that's what I'm really excited for.

labbonoxeo

Every college student understands that to buy essay writing at quality custom essay writing services will save time and money. Thence I will advice to buy the research paper in place of to complete it by own efforts.
leds lights