Opinions/thoughts on 48" Orbit 4x65w

jonny bolt

Hi all. I was wondering what people thought about the Orbit PC setups? I decided to go with the 48" 4x65w compact for my new 72g bowfront. I'd love to hear thoughts, opinions and experiences with this particular setup.
I originally ordered a cheapo 48" Oddysea off a E-nay a few weeks ago, but I got tha big "nay" from some loser in Cali that told me he didnt even have the things in stock, after I had already overnighted payment to him. Makes me wait over a week to tell me that the shipment is sitting on some dock somewhere lol. What a dope. Anyways, that was a blessing, cuz I came to my senses and decided to get a better system. Thats when I got lucky and found the Orbit at the Drs. place on sale for $210 and am having it overnighted to me.
Right now my temp. lighting setup on my bowfront is 2 old 36" AGA lightstrips lol, one with a 24" Coralife 50/50, and the other with a 24" Coralife Actinic
So you can imagine how excited I am to finally get some REAL lighting onto this tank.
So what ya think???

jonny bolt

Nobody? Wow.
Well I got mine today finally. Pretty nice unit. I sure am glad I decided to just spend a little more money and go with this instead of the Odyssea from E-nay.
Only surprise to me was there isnt as much actinic blue as I thought there would be. I could probably get different bulbs I guess, I'd like a little more blue tint.
Other than that, this thing is pretty sweet, and very well made. Things actually fit where they are supposed to. I am very happy with it.

reefiness

i had one on a 90 until i uped to MH. they come with the 2 dual dayligght and 2 dual actinic. i found the best coloration of lights was to order 2 10k and 2 BLUE actinics. which came out very nice and only a little less blue then the 14k mh i have now. so i would say the color of the combo was about 13.7k

S

sonicboom1

very nice, I have the odyssea for my 55 gallon and IMO they are made crap. THe legs are plastic and dont fit well at all, mine are moved so close inwards they look like they are going to snap at any moment. My light cover already snapped very cheap plastic. So basically I spent $120 for lights becuase I will buy a new setup someday.

jonny bolt

reefiness, thanks for the tip. I will probably go that route in order to get the tint I want for the tank.
sonic, I hear ya. Like I mentioned above, I had already ordered a 48" Odyssea lol. Thank god the dude didnt have em in stock. I got the Orbit for $210 on sale. Actually, not only did I get the light today, but I got my money back today as well from the dope that tried to sell me the Odyssea

I'd like to get an anemone. How are they under this amount of light? Not looking to do a reef,but maybe an anemone or 2 and definitely another Christmas Tree coral.

cain420

thats what i ordered.. the orbit 48" 65x4 with lunars.. how much did u find em for? i got em for 250 and free shipping!

jonny bolt

I got it fer $210 from the Drs. last week. I had bought some other stuff with it, like another Maxi-Jet 1200 and a few other things. I had everything sent 2-day air, total was 278. They made a mistake and sent the Maxi-Jet after everything had left their place, so they sent the powerhead OVERNIGHT, free of charge. It was on them.
Cant beat that

Friggin A, I forgot about the 4 lunar lights in this thing until it was time to shut the lights off!!! These things are sweet!!!!!!!!