opinions wanted!

mouse03245

well, I have been on this board lurking and asking lots of questions (some good ones and some silly ones) I am finally ready to put some pics up and get some opinions.I have come along way in 3 years,and most of it has been from alot of you people...(u know who u are) I resently found out that someone bought our naso that we started out with and he was our 1st fish. We gave him to the lps and had visitation rights for almost a year and now he has been sold to a 120 gal. owner.
So here are the pics of the tank now. Feel free to coment. And thanx to all who steered (? spelling) us in the right direction!

mouse03245

Also another question....does anyone else have coralen growing only so high in their tank? it never seems to go any higher. Thanx!

dmjordan

I can't seem to get any to grow. Only a few spots here and there on the rocks. Keep up the good work.

monalisa

Originally Posted by mouse03245
Also another question....does anyone else have coralen growing only so high in their tank? it never seems to go any higher. Thanx!
As a matter of fact, I was noticing that just this evening. My coraline seems to level out at about 3" below the surface
, not sure why that is, probably because of the equipment.
I think your tank looks great. Keep up the good work and have FUN!!
Lisa :happyfish

farmboy

The coraline may like the flow rate at those levels in the tank. Mine seems to be most prevalent where the power heads are pointed. . . .

monalisa

Originally Posted by Farmboy
The coraline may like the flow rate at those levels in the tank. Mine seems to be most prevalent where the power heads are pointed. . . .

Ah, shoot...this is me heading over to my tank to change the direction my new PH is aimed at...

seannmelly

tank looks good. id ad some more live rock also. my coraline seemed to start growing from top of the tank towards the bottom, its weird

hot883

Looks great, adding more rock would only improve the tank. Also as a suggestion since you asked for opinions
I would take off the coral background and go with a solid blue or black background. It would really make all the things inside stick out.
What is your fish list now? Keep up the good work.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
As a matter of fact, I was noticing that just this evening. My coraline seems to level out at about 3" below the surface
, not sure why that is, probably because of the equipment.
I think your tank looks great. Keep up the good work and have FUN!!
A lot of nastiness is in the first 3 inches of surface water slowing down coralline growth. When people say “I have a film on the top surface of my water” = poor water circulation, but all impurities go to the top, hence slowing, not allowing coralline growth

mouse03245

Thanx! I definately need more rock and we are getting more.With gas prices now a days its been gas or rock....But this week we r going to plymouth for more. I also agree with the blue backround but a few months age our tank was pretty bare and the husband wanted it to look like "more was going on". So off to the store today for that. Again thanx alot.

farmboy

Originally Posted by mouse03245
Thanx! I definately need more rock and we are getting more.With gas prices now a days its been gas or rock....But this week we r going to plymouth for more. I also agree with the blue backround but a few months age our tank was pretty bare and the husband wanted it to look like "more was going on". So off to the store today for that. Again thanx alot.

Would that make it "Plymouth Rock?"
. . . .
:hilarious
:hilarious

spectre879

Cleaver

I do agree with the comment on the background though. Blue is better. The coral rock setting provides a sense of depth but is to distracting.
The aquarium is beautiful though. Great work!

O

oreo12

Is this the leavel that you drain to doing water cahnges? that is about where mine stops at that water line wher i drain it to.