opinoins on backgrounds?

karajay

Originally posted by DonJasper
I've got a mirror.

Got a pic? Interesting idea....does it stress out the fish to see themselves? It stresses me out when I look inthe mirror:eek: :D

simpdaddy

Originally posted by Schlong33
Black here, but the coraline is slowly taking over the back of the tank. Woohoo!

How are you getting this to happen. Mine is being over run by green algae and some brown.
Mine is clear for now. Wish I could make it black or have coralline take it over.

bison

Currently have one of those pictured backgrounds (green sea with red & white corals), but am reconsidering that decision after just 6 weeks. Thinking of switching to a dark blue gradient.

It all depends on what colors your fish are, and of course what you prefer. If you have bright tangs, and butterfly fishes, I think black makes them look awesome....especially if you have really colorful corals. But if you have the more monotoned colored fish like some angels, triggers, or lionfishes, then that really vibrant blue color brings out the detail in their coloring. I thought of a mirror before...I would love to see a picture of that!!!
I don't know, if the fish are half as vain as some of us are, they'd love the mirror!!!:D

lionstorm

i tape my background on. I'll have to try black for my next tank. I like the blue though personally.
Oh here's my tank after the DSB swap if anyone cares:
(i took the corals in the before picture out, and believe me they aren't as white as they were when i put them in the first day for those photos)