Opinons on The Turboflotor 1000

D

daniel411

Anyone have any opinions or first hand experience with The Turboflotor 1000 protein skimmer?

david s

I will tell you I was impressed. me and my bud setup 2 frag tanks for a show we brought 2 skimmers a cv626 and a turboflotor1000
and the turboflotor pulled out a half cup of dark green junk over the weekend the cv626 hardly nothing. that was the first and only time I have seen one in action and it preformed alot better than I expected

fda483

I have been using the Turbofloater 1000 multi for about 8 months now. I think it works great. It requires a lot less adjustment then the previous skimmer I had. I find as the cup starts to fill and the inside of the inverted funnel becomes real gunky the collection rate drops a little, so I tend to clean the cup every two days or so, Overall I would highly recommend it.

beerman

I used one for about six months and thought it was descent. I upgraded to a Euro-reef and it was no comparison although the Euro-Reef is much more expensive.

D

daniel411

Do you think it might be to much skimming for a 50 gallon tank?

fda483

I don't think it would be too big for a 50, but I tend to up-size on equipment as much as possible. I would have went for the Euro-Reef but they did not fit in my sump. Can you really have too much skimming??