Orange Linkia-Free to a Good Home-IN MD

new25tank

We were given a orange linkia star and have had it for several months. My tank is way too small for the star and so I want to offer it up free to a good home-must be a large tank 75+ gallons, established, with live rock. We live in the Rockville area of Maryland and I am willing to meet someone half way to reduce the transit time for this very active and beautiful star. This is a great star, always visible and active during the day, and very interesting to watch. I really don't want to donate the star to the LFS to only have it live and die in another tank that is too small for it. I will be checking this thread regularly so just let me know if you are interested and as long as you promise me your tank meets the requirements it is yours!

keeffie

75 Pounds Of Lr System Been Up For 2 Months No Problems Yet. Just Starting Out So Stocking Slowly.

1bigboy69

Are you interested in shipping?
I do meet all the requirements. I have a red and blue as of now. I wouldn't mind putting another one in my 90.

mumbulog

I have a 125 gallon with 225 lbs of live rock and very stable system. I would pay for shipping. I am also traveling down that wat to go to NC in Feb, maybe I can pick up on the way home. Would give a very nice home.
Gordon

new25tank

I really don't want to ship it and I would prefer it go to a fairly established aquarium, unless KEEFFIE you have another backup aquarium, many people do. Mumbulog if you will passing through in February if I don't have another offer from someone closer than you are welcome to take it home(I know we can figure out a way for a safe and secure transport in a car-I have a way to keep the water warm). I hate to be so picky about where it goes but I want it to have a better home than where it is now! Thanks so much!

new25tank

Mumbulog, sorry I just saw that your name is Gordon, should have used your name. If you are interested when you are on your way back home in Feb I can meet you and bring you a cooler containing the linkia (forgot to mention that the star is named Peaches).

mumbulog

That would be awesome. I would definitly give peaches a good home. I feed my tank all kinds of meaty foods and greens. Was goiing to make this tank a reef, but I decided to go the fowlr route, for a variety of colorful fish and inverts. I have a hippo and a naso tang which I can mention they are both fat pigs. Peaches would give my tank more life and color. Hopefully she's still there in Feb !
Gordon

new25tank

That sounds great for Peaches, I am so excited! Unless I get a better offer for a home (which seems doubtful because how many people have tanks that big and want a "used" linkia) you can have her (obviously I am not sure she is a girl but...). If you don't mind sharing your email address, pass it along and I will keep you updated. Either way email me when you know your dates and we can figure out how to get her to you. Thanks!
michelehunter1975@yahoo.com

mumbulog

my email address is gem_13335@yahoo.com
Do you have any pics of peaches?
In a year or so I am going to a 180 or 220, so it's only going to get better for oeaches. I am trying to get all of my equipment built up for the upgrade!
Gordon

littlebuck

hey there new. I think gordon will give it a great home and will take very good care of it. I have been talknig to him for a while and hes a great person and is willing to do what ever is nessacary to make things work. Good luck and gordon if you want to leave it in my tank here while you are down here i wouldnt mind. New i have a 72 gall with a red fromia star in there now and hes a lil porker. That way peaches is not out of water for to long unless you pick it up on the way back. GOOD LUCK

mumbulog

Thanks for the kind words Jeremy. I am going to pick peaches up on the way back home. What does a red fremia start look like? Do they get large?

new25tank

I will be glad to have Peaches living in the proper size aquarium, this is great. My levels are all pristine but I just don't have anything close to the size tank necessary to support her. Did I mention that Peaches loves my algae scraper, she is obsessed with it and spends at least some time everyday hanging out on it even when I move it around- so hopefully you have one. My digital camera is ancient and the photos are not great and they are too big to upload to the message board, but I have sent you a link to your email to pictures of her.

littlebuck

well its a real small star right now but people say they get big not sure really how big. BUt here is a pic. Pic is kinda old hes now in my 72 gallon

sw65galma

Originally Posted by KEEFFIE
75 Pounds Of Lr System Been Up For 2 Months No Problems Yet. Just Starting Out So Stocking Slowly.
Just so you know...2 months is not long enough for a system to be running to support a linkia or fromia....Min of 6months, but 1yr is considered a "Stable" system for these stars.
Also a MIN of 100lbs of lr, more is better.

rockville

HI, I was wondering if you found a home yet for the Orange Linka. I leave in Rockville and have a nearly 10 year old 75 gallon reef tank. Just let me know. Thanks.

boogaman

I live 35 min from you in springfield,VA and would gladly take peaches. I have a 150 gal setup for 1 yr now and have 200 lbs LR let me know i could come tommorrow and get her
703 300 4381

misfit

I Have a 210 been up for about 6 months,before that Had 125 set up for a year and a half before the upgrade.200 lbs LR have a blue right now had him for about 5 month.How close do you live to Baltimore.I would love to have him.I could pick him up next week.
Email me sanderson416@comcast.net