Orange stuff in Fuge

cdubbs

I have a fuge and i been running phosban in a phosban reactor for about a month and a half. I just started noticing this orange brown stuff all over the bottom of the fuge and on my heater. It just started showing up about a week ago. I rinsed the phosban good before putting it in and the flow rate is perfect. I just emptied out my cup on my skimmer and there is orange in that. Should i stop running the phosban? I also have one of those phosphate removing pads from the Dr.'s and a bag of chemi pure running in a canister filter. Should i empty the fuge and clean out all that stuff? Thanks for any insight.

petjunkie

Maybe diatoms? They bloom sometimes but usually in a newer tank, I usually wait them out or add more flow.

snakeblitz33

phosban will do that,... little orange stuff. IF you have a really good protein skimmer, it will get the rest of the dust out.

cdubbs

OK thanks. Its not in the display, I guess because I have a lot of flow in the display and the fuge doesnt have that much. Should fuges have a lot of flow? Is that dust harmful since its not in the display? Thanks.