orange toadfish

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by shark bait
I'm even lucky I was able to find him. But i'l try.
how's it coming sharkbait? tell me about his eating habits . mine's been acting weird lately. doesn't seem to have much of an appetite.

bellanavis

Ok guys, I had 2 orange toads in my 125, they got along great, they slept together and all, never fought. They also never went after any of the other fish, but all the other fish were kinda large, they will move rocks, so be sure that the rockwork is sturdy, or they will have rocks falling on them and killing them, trust me, I know. They will get big, I had mine for over 3 years. They came to the top of the tank at feeding time, and I could hand feed them. They mostly stay under the rocks, in caves, or buired in the sand during the day, but mine swam around at night. Very cool fish, can't wait till the 380 is up and running, to get another one or 2. If you want to lessen the chance they make a rock fall on top of them, give them some large PVC pipes to go into, they love that.

S

shark bait

[QUOTE=give them some large PVC pipes to go into, they love that.
Pvc is great I did 2" in my old tank in the shape of an E under the sand. My eel loved it. Mine likes to look for krill when I feed the tank, I feed the tank At "Dusk" time in my tank as the shark eats at night. he sits and hides I would have liked to got a more active fish but he was so cool. And my shark will sit next to him when he is out. That is how i got the pic.

robertprice

I have a 6 inch Orange Toadfish. They are solitary fish and usually need a tank to themselves as they are venomous and aggressive. They have these nice smiley faces with lots of protuberences encircling them and are very alert and interactive with their owners. They aways keep their tail buried during the day, with the front half of their body sticking out of their nesting hole, usually under a rock or coral.They kill other fish who have better nest holes than theirs and take over their nests. At night they run around the bottom of the tank. They are ambush predators who love shrimp, live or grocery store shrimp, and pounce on their food, and don't swim very well.
They have a dorsal poison spine like a Lionfish, but they also have venom tubercles on their gill covers..