Ordered a 2010 Camaro!

Pretty excited needed to tell somebody......After much convincing I got my wife to go with me to the Chevy dealership. Put down 500 bucks and my custom ordered SS will be here in July
I sold my last Camaro to surprise her with an engagment ring last year, so I have been trying really hard to get this one. This thing is so sick, out performs the Challenger and Mustang by leaps and bounds, esp. in a straight line. I ordered orange with the RS package. Well just had to get that off my chest, I already called everyone I know.

turningtim

Nice, I saw one the other day. They are pretty slick looking. Now I don't know about the leaps and bounds thing but nice car just the same. Good luck and NICE color choice. Post pics when you get it!

Thanks guys, Well maybe not leaps and bounds, but I think it's a leg up, esp. on the mustang. The challenger is super sweet, but heavy. I'm just glad they are not super over priced. And it makes 426 hp and 420 tq. That can easily go mid 12's. I'm gonna try to post a pic of the color combo I chose. I love bright cars, but I toned it down a little with charcoal grey accents.

turningtim

LOVE that Chevy orange! The gray will be cool too. What tranny did you get? What are the options (auto, manual)? Can you disable the traction control?
My Charger is about the same HP and tq (425 420) but weighs about 2 tons. I put an Air-raid w/ hood scoop intake and lost the resonator exhaust and put 3" BB stainless pipes. Tried a High Pro cat and it was worthless! IDK I may be pullin' 450hp from the motor now?
I really like the Camaro but I have 2 kids and just don't think I could do a 2 door.......

TurningTim...ur car is sick, I almost bought one of those cause my dad has one triple black. You can get a 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto! I opted fot the manual love banging gears lol. I will prolly just do basic bolt ons for awhile.

liljay0418

My buddy just won one from his work (big nascar sponsor) he won the all black one!! One thing I heard was they were going to delay shipping on these for another year, you may want to look into that. These things are going for upward of 60 k around here.

aquaknight

Awesome reef! Did you get the inferno trim package to match?
Do you actually know the power figures for the Camaro?

aquaknight

Originally Posted by premilove
http:///forum/post/3001947
nice man congrats! i think the new camaro and challenger are both underpowered..jmo dont bash me!
Do you actually know the power figures for the Camaro?

kjr_trig

Very sweet...My brother is getting one too, it will be his 4th Camaro he has owned, he was ticked when they stopped making them for several years.

turningtim

Originally Posted by reefaholic33
http:///forum/post/3001758
TurningTim...ur car is sick, I almost bought one of those cause my dad has one triple black. You can get a 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto! I opted fot the manual love banging gears lol. I will prolly just do basic bolt ons for awhile.
Thats the only thing I would change about the charger no manual tranny. I'm with you nothing like crunchin' um every now and then!
Very cool color scheme!

Originally Posted by liljay0418
http:///forum/post/3001785
My buddy just won one from his work (big nascar sponsor) he won the all black one!! One thing I heard was they were going to delay shipping on these for another year, you may want to look into that. These things are going for upward of 60 k around here.
The first batch will be delivered to dealers late may. These are all pre-ordered. Luckily in TX there is a new law that they can't sell them for way over MSRP....now you can pay extra to get it sooner, but I don't mind waiting till June or July.

Originally Posted by premilove
http:///forum/post/3001947
nice man congrats! i think the new camaro and challenger are both underpowered..jmo dont bash me!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I'm trying to think of a stock car in an affordable price range that makes 426 hp, and the camaro puts it to the ground too. Now don't get me wrong any car I had I would always defend that too, lol. I'm a fan of all cars in general, I'm not the kind that hates the stang and challenger, would take either, but Camaro takes the cake for me. Plus I have had two others.

AquaKnight;3001960 said:
Sounds like you know about it a little bit uh? Yes I did, I really like it, they did a really good job with the ******** which IMO was the early Camaro's weak point.

Originally Posted by TurningTim
http:///forum/post/3001990
Thats the only thing I would change about the charger no manual tranny. I'm with you nothing like crunchin' um every now and then!
Very cool color scheme!
Thanks I'm anxious to see it in person since I built this car online. And that was the biggest reason I didn't get the Charger, plus I couldn't find a RT at the time.