Ordered LR From This Site

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget to feed the rock. If you don't feed it, then all the critters you hope to find will die off. Believe me, they are there by the droves.

andrewt

Beth, What do you feed your live rocks with? and is there anyone you can tell if your live rocks died? i hjave mixture of fiji and florida. thanks

lv-reefer

I ordered FL rock and it came with tons of hitchhikers. It had an urchin that was the size of a small pea now the thing is like this size of the palm of my hand.
I also ordered some Fiji rock and when I got it it was mostly white, but after 2 weeks under my VHO lights, its purple and green and covered with coroline. Also got some orange Zoo's the hitchhiked on that rock.
I also have a few Tonga branches, they have the most colorful cololine on them.
I would order a different type of rock, your tank will be more interesting with different kinds of rock. Plus each type of rock will have different types of hitchhikers.
Gotta love the smell

rubberduck

Originally posted by Beth
Don't forget to feed the rock. If you don't feed it, then all the critters you hope to find will die off. Believe me, they are there by the droves.

HOW DO U FEED THE LR??
:help: :help:

lv-reefer

Good strong light and proper Calcium levels will keep your LR looking great. Say 4 watts per gallon of light and Calcium at 430 or higher, just my suggestion. See all the pretty purple and green Coroline algea on my rock. When I got that rock it was nearly white and grey, it's been in my tank now for 3 weeks, it looks soo much better. I have 660 watts of VHO light and my Calcium is a bit low at 370 but I'm working on that.