ordered my new lights!!!

blemmy_guy

Alright i finally did it i ordered some new lights today!! im so pumped! It has #
Three 175 watt 10,000K double-ended HQI metal halide lamps
#
Four 96 watt True Actinic 03 Blue square-pin compact fluorescent lamps
#
Four 1 watt Lunar Blue-Moon-Glow 470nm LED lamps
#
Three external HQI metal halide ballasts with on/off switches, 12-foot lamp cords and 6-foot power cords
#
Two on/off switches and two 12-foot power cords (one for two True Actinic 03 Blue compact fluorescent lamps and one for two Lunar Blue-Moon-Glow 470nm LED lamps)
#
Sleek, anodized black-aluminum housing
#
Highly-polished reflectors
#
Built-in cooling fan
#
Acrylic compact fluorescent and glass lens covers
#
Mounting Legs included What do you think, Todd

J

jfdjason

So did you have to take out a 2nd

[hr]
?? LOL good luck with this set up

blemmy_guy

not at all, shipping and all it was 957.00 dollars Ouch! But there worth it . And the tank is worth it too, i cant wait to get them! Todd

snipe

Well you have to understand blemmy has a pretty big tank "125" so it would probly need 3 175 metal halide's and 4 pc suppliments. I am tired of looking at pc and vho and all that I think Im just gonna break down and buy a double 175 with 2 vho or 2 pc suppliments. They run around $400 new but if you search you can find one cheaper and if you look really hard you can find one used for alittle lower price I am going to buy new mabey used "if I know who im getting it from" I dont want to have to worrie about other ppls problems "getting a bad light"

robchuck

That seems like a really good price for all of that lighting and with shipping included.
Post some pics once you get the lights installed!

snipe

I found 3x175's on ---- for $300 something "kinda to big for my 55" I was going to go with 2x250 how mutch is to mutch for a 55 gallon?

M

mike6969n

good ? i have just setup my 55 and want to do a wide range of fish,corals, and invert so i would love to know what would be best for a 55 gal also. suggestions please

X

xoxox

Originally posted by mike6969n
good ? i have just setup my 55 and want to do a wide range of fish,corals, and invert so i would love to know what would be best for a 55 gal also. suggestions please

Two 250 Watt DE HQIs, you'll be able to keep anything you want.
Originally posted by Blemmy_Guy

Three 175 watt 10,000K double-ended HQI metal halide lamps

Are you sure they're not 150s? I've only see 150s, 250s and 400s in DE HQI systems (unless they are a new light wattage- in which I would be wrong)