Ordering an invert package online..

jrse7en

I'm contemplating ordering an invert package online and have some questions..
1. I won't be home when UPS arrives, will they be ok sitting outside for a few hours until I can get around to adding them all?
2. Does each species come in a seperate bag, like snails, hermits, crabs etc..
3. Are the inverts typically hardy enough to make an overnight trip in total darkness? I don't want to pay for anything if there is a higher chance that the animal won't make it. I don't want to be the cause of any unnecessary deaths.
4. Do inverts stress like fish do?
5. Do they need any sort of quarantining or any special care? I drip acclimate.
6. If there is anything else I should know please share.
7. Thanks!

browniebuck

A lot of the packages that are offered on a lot of online sites provide you with too many of one thing, not enough of another, sometimes offer things that you may or may not really want as a part of them, etc... You may be better served to find the things that you want separately (some sites, classifieds, and auctions) offer groupings that make it worth your while.
Regarding shipping...depending on where you live (weather conditions and temperature) you could be ok letting them sit outside...wouldn't advise it, but should be ok (check the weather on the scheduled delivery day and mention it when you order). I generally plan to take a day off when I schedule a delivery to make sure that everything is ok (I live in NE Ohio, winter deliveries are stressful).
Regarding packaging, everything that I have ordered has come shipped with their own species (turbo snails with turbo snails, hermits with hermits, etc...). You will definitely want to acclimate them much like you do with your fish, though I don't think you will need to QT them.