Ornery Pets

browniebuck

Thought you might enjoy this...
We have a sheltie puppy named Maggie (she will be 8 months old on Christmas Eve). Last night my wife and I were eating dinner (meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn) while watching Two and a Half Men (we were eating on TV trays...our dining room table is a storage mess). In the middle of our meal, she started barking and running back and forth between the living room (where we were) and the kitchen while barking like she had seen a ghost. My wife got up and went to look at what she was barking at....Maggie immediately jumped onto my wife's seat and tried to get the meatloaf (she didn't get it).
My puppy created a diversion in order to have an opportunity to get some meatloaf!!! When she was shooed away, she acted like nothing happened...but we laughed pretty good for quite a while at our devious little girl...
any other ornery pet stories???

stdreb27

Originally Posted by browniebuck
http:///forum/post/3190097
Thought you might enjoy this...
We have a sheltie puppy named Maggie (she will be 8 months old on Christmas Eve). Last night my wife and I were eating dinner (meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn) while watching Two and a Half Men (we were eating on TV trays...our dining room table is a storage mess). In the middle of our meal, she started barking and running back and forth between the living room (where we were) and the kitchen while barking like she had seen a ghost. My wife got up and went to look at what she was barking at....Maggie immediately jumped onto my wife's seat and tried to get the meatloaf (she didn't get it).
My puppy created a diversion in order to have an opportunity to get some meatloaf!!! When she was shooed away, she acted like nothing happened...but we laughed pretty good for quite a while at our devious little girl...
any other ornery pet stories???
So you've been duped by your dog...

flower

When our Atticus (German shepherd) was young we let him sleep with us. A habit we stopped when he got too big and took up too much space in the bed. He could only come up if I was alone on the bed for a pet and cuddle.
One morning he was crying to go out, snout in my husbands face….my husband reluctantly got up and started putting on his pants to take him, his back was turned putting on his pants and Atticus jumped up on the bed, lay down in his spot and put his head on his pillow. I buried my head in my pillow laughing waiting for Dan’s reaction to being rudely awakened so the dog could get him out of the way.
We had a good laugh.

browniebuck

While my mom was still with us, my wife, parents, and I took a trip to a friend's hunting/fishing cabin on the Allegheny River in PA for a late Thanksgiving. We took our dogs (Andi, a shetland sheepdog that was 13 at the time...who had to be put down at 16 after a series of strokes and Jake, a shih tzu who was maybe 1) with us, as they are our "children". Andi always barked when my parents came over and my dad always jokingly told him he was going to cut out his barker. In the middle of the night, Andi left our room and went into my parents' room...peed on my dad's shorts, and left the room. We took it as..."cut out my barker will you...well, this is what I think of that".

andrew989

i have a nile monitor they are all agresive but whenever somone picks him up he will try to bite them whenver somone pets the he will wip them with his tail
right now hes a baby about a foot long
hope fully he will be nicer when hes 6-8 feet long

stdreb27

My friend has a small ranch with about 30 head of cattle. He works the cows with cowdogs. Anyway, one day someone was trying to get rid of this chihuahua, so he brought it home as a present to his wife. Anyway, the little guy went with him while they were deworming his heard. And kept trying to run with the dogs and stuff. So finally he said, heck with it, if he gets stepped on o well.
Now his cowdogs sit on their butts, and he goes and tells the little dude to go get him a cow, and that little yipper will pull a cow out of the herd. While the cowdogs sit there and watch.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by andrew989
http:///forum/post/3190435
i have a nile monitor they are all agresive but whenever somone picks him up he will try to bite them whenver somone pets the he will wip them with his tail
right now hes a baby about a foot long
hope fully he will be nicer when hes 6-8 feet long
Not for nothing, but your parents are crazy for letting a 14 year old get a lizard that will grow to 6 feet long and is a carnivore. Do they even know what it will turn into?

coral keeper

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3190802
My friend has a small ranch with about 30 head of cattle. He works the cows with cowdogs. Anyway, one day someone was trying to get rid of this chihuahua, so he brought it home as a present to his wife. Anyway, the little guy went with him while they were deworming his heard. And kept trying to run with the dogs and stuff. So finally he said, heck with it, if he gets stepped on o well.
Now his cowdogs sit on their butts, and he goes and tells the little dude to go get him a cow, and that little yipper will pull a cow out of the herd. While the cowdogs sit there and watch.
LOL