OT: Anyone from Wisconsin???

elfdoctors

:eek: I actually found WOF on the internet. I'll have to check out both stores the next time I'm in the cities. I guess it's obvious I don't get down there very often. :nope:

flydan

Hey,
I'm FROM Madison origanally but now live in Rockford, IL. I go up to Madison often since that's where my family lives. I like to stop in Janesville since there is a nice LFS right off the interstate. Prefered Pets.
There was a news story about a year ago about an lfs in Madison that went out of business and the owners just locked up and left everything inside to die. Very sad. I don't remember the name of the place. I stopped by once, I think it was on Menona Dr near the belt line.
Dan'l
West High Class of '77

polarpooch

Wow Dan, I used to live in Rockford and now live in Madison...:)
I rememeber that place, too. They locked it up and left the animals and fish to die. They were eventually convicted of something (I don't remember what) .
It was really sad. I went there once and noticed that none of the fish had prices on them...when I asked the kid there how much something he was...he had to call the owner! He couldn't get hold of the guy and told me to come back another time if i wanted to buy the fish. As I understand, this was common practice. Some people are just idiots.
Whereabouts in Rockford do you live? My whole family is still there so I get back every couple of weeks or so...

flydan

Hey,
I live on the far south side near Jefferson High School. About 3 miles due east of the airport off of Samualson.

polarpooch

I used to live on the West side on Ridge Ave...better off on the East side now.
I'm on the far West side of Madison...not too far from Memorial.

flydan

Hey,
My sister lives a couple miles west of West Towne.
I noticed you're in talk radio. Do you know Sly? My brother is a friend of his. I'll see him opening day at Miller Park. (We've all been going for about the last 6 years.)
Dan'l

polarpooch

Do you know Sly?
Yes, I do--but we work for different companies and don't know each other well and I don't see him very often. I did JUST run into him, though--we both moderated a candidate debate in the city.

I was a faithful follower of Aquarium superstore in madison. they are always very helpful and remember and reward their regular customers. i now live in milwaukee and am still in search of the perfect fish store. i'd drive to madison though in a heartbeat to buy from aquarium superstore.

robchuck

I'm a Flatlander, but consider Wisconsin my second home. I don't travel the state as much as I used to, but I go to Milwaukee a few times a month, visit the Fox Cities (Appleton and Neenah) every other month or so to see friends, and Madison (near East Towne) about 3-4 times a year visiting family.
Heck, I spent every summer during college living and working at a camp in Westfield (Marquette County, 1 hour north of Madison on 39/51).