OT. Aquariast Anonymous

12 steps to incomplete recovery.
Step 1. We admitted that we were powerless against aquariums, and that our lives have become unmanageable against the urge to buy "that fish".
Step 2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Step 3. Made a decision to turn our will, life, and aquaria, over to the care of God as we understood Him.
Step 4. Made a searching and fearless visit to Saltwaterfish.com, and proclaimed that we had a problem.
Step 5. Admitted to God, ourselves, and our family, the exact nature of our wrongs (buying fish or corals over food for our children).
Step 6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these desires to overpopulate our aquarium.
Step 7. Humbly asked Him to remove the urge to install a 2 thousand dollar lighting and sump/refugium set up.
Step 8. Made a list of all persons and live fish store owners that we have harmed with bodily injury, because they gave us the wrong advice.
Step 9. Made a direct ammends to such people wherever possible, except if they offer us more bad advice, and then we injure them some more.
Step 10. Continued to take inventory of our aquarium stock, and when we kill a fish or other creature, we admit our wrong on SWF.com.
Step 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with our aquaria, as we feed them, praying for knowledge of God's will for us and our obsession with this fricking hobby.
Step 12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other obsessed aquariasts, and to practice these principals in all of our marine affairs.
Hi, I'm steamboat, and I'm an aquaholic.

ryebread

You mean other people are addicts too........I mean......fish and stuff........thats stupid.......uh. I can't help it I love this hobby/obsession!
My name is RyeBread and I'm an aquaholic. Whew.....that feels better.

S

somethingfishy

I admit it. I'm an addict.If only I had chosen alcohol!:D

kdlbem

I'm more like a 1 step kind of guy. Yes I have a problem.......... so what.
My sig pretty much sums it up.
Bobby

jonthefb

my name is jon, and ive been addicted to this drug for 4 years now. Each time feel the urge to purchase more "dope" a little voice inside my head tells me "no dont do it, you dont need an orange encrusting montipora to get through the day" but then, as always i buy it, take it home and im my own little heaven i examine it, feed it, and care for it until it gets to the point the i can harvest it. then i take it to my "corner" (lfs) and ask the guys there "psst...hey....i got somethign for ya! yeah its reall cool, it'll make you feel real good. its a frag of an orage encrusting monti man! you know you want it. how much? well for you bud, how about 25 bucks? deal? ok man, enjoy." then i run away back home to cry and wait until i have another crop ready!
my name is jon...and i am a reefaholic!

I coined the term aquaholic to cover all the types of systems. I, too, am a reefaholic. But as soon as my other tank is done, I will branch out. Thinking of making my 55 reef into a small aggressive tank, and putting the reef in the 80 gallon.

fishymissy

I don't have a problem like the rest of you. I only have six tanks right now, and only plan on another 4, maybe 5. So you see....I don't have a problem at all.
Maybe 6 more.....but that's it.