Ot: Bad Neighbors

OK, so this is waaaaaaayyyyy OT but I have to vent and my swf.com peers are the only ones awake right now. :D
Anybody out that have really bad neighbors? Ok, here's the scenario...
It's about 11PM and I'm browsing the boards from my PC in the bedroom and I have my window open with a fan in it so I can take advantage of the cool air. Suddenly, I hear some comotion in the back yard (my bedroom faces the backyard of my apt bldg). I peer out the window and it's three people from the apt next to me drinking beers and having a jolly ole time. Mind you, earlier this week, I had to tell them to stop smoking right under my window because my wife is a chronic asthmatic and with the fan blowing that smoke in, she could end up in the hospital.
I was annoyed because (among other ridiculous things they do) I knew the longer they stayed out there, the later it was going to get, and the drunker and louder they were going to be. I said nothing.... came back to the PC and browsed s'more.
Well... 12 AM rolls around... and they're still out there... louder... drunker (if that's even a real word)... and more annoying... I wait around s'more figuring if they don't wrap it up soon, I'll yell at them out the window or somethin... A short time later, I went up to the window to see what the heck they were even talking about and that's when I heard it.... "I'm gonna go get another joint..." WHAT??!!! They're smoking that crap in the same yard my little boy plays in? Using MY lawn chairs to do it in? Talkin up a storm without the faintest consideration for their neighbors?
No way. So I called the cops :D OK, so maybe that was a little overkill... But these are people in their 40's.I shouldn't have to tell them to be a little more considerate. So sure enough, I watched while the cop pulled up and they ditched the stuff.... the party was broken up and they came upstairs. I feel soooo much better.
BTW, no offense to the people out there that use that stuff... Lord only knows I tried it when I was younger. The point was, the abnoxiousnous of being out there at that hour, making the racket that they were was bad enough... All I needed was for them to get high out there too... I never would've fallen asleep.

mossad327

As far as getting mad at them for being out that late, it is a Friday. Any weekday, and I see your point, but getting mad at people for being out at 11 or 12 on Friday is somewhat ridiculous to me.
On the other hand, smoking joints in your chairs where your kids play is uncalled for. You shouldn't have to put up with that.

Originally posted by Mossad327
As far as getting mad at them for being out that late, it is a Friday. Any weekday, and I see your point, but getting mad at people for being out at 11 or 12 on Friday is somewhat ridiculous to me.

Where I live, 10PM is the cutoff for noise, BY LAW. Besides, I respect them and don't make noise past that time (so as not to wake up THEIR 7 year old son that the leave upstairs while they go outside) AND I'm not the only one annoyed at them. I have neighbors 3 houses away that have complained. Trust me, it's no late night thing just once in a while, and they have gone into 1 and 1:30 in the morning on weekdays.
The fact of the matter is, they're renters in the apt building just like me and as such, they shouldn't have a choice but to show some respect and courtesy to their neighbors :)

The drug thing is wrong especially on your furniture.
The outside thing I can see both sides. They should have been polite enough to not talk real loudly but there isnt a reason they shouldnt be out there on a friday night cooking out or drinking beers. I have been doing that with my friends on my friend's porch just about every sat night for about ten years when I am in town, sort of a tradition now. Sometimes we get in a heated debate and get a little loud but since its a weekend none of the neighbors pay any mind, I seriously doubt they would be as forgiving on a week night nor would I expect them to be. Hell, a couple neighbors even join us every now and then, even at 1 or 2 AM.
BTW its cool enough there already to have your windows open? wow I wish.
I think you should have just nicely told them to hold down the noise level and if they didnt, then start getting ticked off.

Originally posted by Terminus Est
I think you should have just nicely told them to hold down the noise level and if they didnt, then start getting ticked off.

there is a lot
of history with these neighbors.. I think this was just the last straw.

azeritis

I guess I would wake them up by making noise with my 7 year old (if I had one!) around 7 oçlock the next morning!
On a serious note here,everyone can do what they please as long as they do not disturb in one way or another..... When they do disturb someone has to put them back in order.

just to clarify, I have nothing against being outside during the late hours... I just think if you're going to be outside that late, you should BE QUIET.