OT- do you own a boat?

We have too many boats.
Our larger ones are: two crosby cats made around 1900, a 1957 Webbers Cove, and my brother has a six meter (sailboat) made sometime in the 1950's.
They are great, the crosbies are being restored by my father and the other two are in the water. The Webbers cove is great for cruising, and the 6 just went in this year.
Adam

marvida

Everyone should own a boat!
Boats are great fun especialy when you have kids growing up. Don't talk to too many dealers unless you know them personally because they're going to sell you what they have. Do your research there are places like this on the internet for boat owners & you can learn from them just like you can learn stuff here. Be careful of the product reviews you read in pubs like Trailer Boat, Power Boats, etc. The reviews in all boating mags (not just those) reflect more on the boat manufacturers marketing budget than a good honest critique. Boats are fairly specialized in their design. If you can decide what you're going to use the boat for you can tailor your search. When you buy a boat you get what you pay for. Less expensive boats have either scrimped in the manufacturing process or are putting together an underpowered package. A full 1/2+ of the cost of an average trailer boat is the drive train. Learn about gelcoats and the different weights of upholstery. All of the boats you guys a talking about are great ones. I retired from the marine industry a couple of years ago. If you have any specific questions, please email me I would love to try to answer them but for now I have rattled on way too long!
kharms@bendcable.com

cyslyde

I got a little Yamaha (lightly used) I picked up last winter.... it's a nice boat, it uses jet ski engines and drive units so it really turns on a dime, and replacement parts/upgrades are very easy to find. says it seats 4-6 but i don't let anybody on the bow when i'm driving. It's great on gas, and hasn't cost me too much... plus it's small enough if i really need to i can tow it with my civic. also because of it's size it can get up and scoot, my bud has a really really big fountain on the lake (michigan) we usually go out on the lake with his boat, and put arround the river (grand river) with mine... acctually mine gets used more, his has 3 454's punched out and supercharged... it costs him $$$ just to fire it up. although i haven't tried it yet another guy in his harbor has one very simular to mine made by ski doo and said if he keeps it to a driver and spotter he can tow a "fit" skier.
one of my neighbors has a small Baja i think he said it was 24 foot, it's a nice boat has a 6 cyl in it. it's good for medium sized lakes.
I also have two Kyaks (sp) 1 sea 1 White water, and a Laser (sailboat) most of these I have picked up used, and repaired small problems and in the long run saved $$$
and we wont even get into the model boats i own!

dockery07

Well we bought one yesterday................. I got a NEW boat (what the hell was I thinking) anyhow it is the 03 closeout got a great price, I have seen them used for more. 6 year warrenty and everything. We went with the SeaRay and it is ocean worthy so they say. That might be cool. But I would be feeding the fishes. So if anyone from DFW is going up to PK this weekend. We'll be the new boat people on the lake.

marvida

Congrats!
You chose a great boat. Take care of it & it will last forever (well almost) What model did you get? What size? I just got back from dropping my boat in the lake for the weekend and am looking forward to putting a few hours on it.
Oh, one more thing.....an easy way to remember starboard and port is that port has the same number of letters as left does.
Take care, have fun!