Ot Gasoline Prrce!! Read !!

We are approaching $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Do you want
gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
campaign that was going around last year!
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It ! was more of
an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought
of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read
it and join with us!
By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super
cheap. It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded.
Now that the oil companies have conditioned us to think that the cost of
a gallon of gas is CHEAP, at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action
to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not the sellers.
With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take
action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if
we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!And we can do
that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we
CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they
reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
But to have an impact, we need to reach literally million! s of Exxon and
Mobil gas buyers.It's really simple to do!! Now, at this point... keep
reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to
at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten
more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the
sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each,
then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level
further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON'T purchase
ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all!
If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to
do is send this to 10 people.... well, let's face it, you just aren't a
mathematician. But I am... so trust me on this one.
How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten
more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't
think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can
make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP
THEM DOWN. THIS COULD REALLY WORK.
PASS IT ON, PLEASE!

goldrush

You are not serious are you? If you are ,please tell me the names of the other 299,999,970 people that will be getting this. I don't want to duplicate anyone's efforts

aggie05

He may be a mathemitician but I am an economics major and I can tell you that it won't work. Sorry.

aggie05

I understand that you didn't write it, but it still isn't going to work no matter who wrote it, well maybe if Greenspan did...:p

sammystingray

What if they RAISE prices to make up the difference, and then other companies follow the lead?:p :p :D :D I don't know what to say really...for the winter time....the prices are at a buck fifty here on regular, and that is pretty high.:(

S

simm

Originally posted by sammystingray
What if they RAISE prices to make up the difference, and then other companies follow the lead?:p :p :D :D I don't know what to say really...for the winter time....the prices are at a buck fifty here on regular, and that is pretty high.:(

Man I wish it was that here. Were paying about 1.67 for unleaded.

demosthenes

I think it's coming close to $2 here in the Crossroads of America, and we all thought the gas shortage a few years ago would cost us.

P

puffygrrl

We here in the U.S have (most of the time) the best gas prices in the WORLD! col had it right in England and I live part time in Canada where they haven't paid less than $3.00 a gal in 20 years. In Switzerland it's $8.00 a gallon. Why is it that we have the best prices yet we

[hr]
the most? Does anyone complaining ever think about taking the bus, or a bike, or carpooling or mass transit?!?! Come on whiners...theres other options that are better for not only us, but the environment (remember that thing?). I think this gas price hike is a good thing because we have WAY TOO MANY DRIVERS ON THE ROAD ANYHOW! :eek:

aggie05

We have the cheapest prices in the world because we employ the most resources to get those prices. For instance, a war with Iraq. And I feel I have the right to complain because honestly, we don't need any of the gas in the middle east. We hold unimaginable quantities of oil within our own borders yet we would rather go through all the bs of getting it from the middle east in an effort to please enviornmentalist. And trust me, I don't wish any harm to come to the enviornement but I really believe that we have the resources to exploit our supplies without messing anything up. It comes down to politics then, and that is where the problem lies. My truck got 13 mpg last tank of gas and I am in college so I very much notice the effects of gas prices, but instead of saying that we should boycott our oil companies I think we should get through to our government that we are tired of all this. More than anything, I would rather see the government spend some of the money it puts toward getting us foreign gas into helping auto manufacturers develope cheaper ways to build hybrid vehicles. That is the real solution to the problem. And it not only fixes the gas problem but it would please enviornmentalist as well.

waterwolf

Puffygrrl, thats the most selfish thing I ever heard! Not everyone lives in the city. If you worried about the environment you wouldn't be buying LR, corals or fish.

dburr

I think aggie05 hit the nail on the head.
I also think alot of us hobbiest are enviromentally freindly.
Remember, we can buy commercially LR, corals and fish. All are NOT taken from the oceans.

wamp

No matter how you look at it, the rise in Gas prices is nothing more than Gouging..
Oh Well, thats how it works.

aggie05

Well obviously everyone on this site has some spare change lying around or you wouldn't be in this hobby. So just put off buying that next clam or two and buy some gas instead. But quit whining because it isn't going to solve anything.

jinky3dper

*hmmmmmmm......what should my angle be on this one?
got it.*
well, gas prices rising is def. no fun for anybody. we do have it good in the US concerning the prices. you want bang for the buck, being environmentally concious???? go out and buy a hybrid. you'll get 60mi or more to a gallon. cities across europe
deploy the infamous scooter. those babies get about the same mileage. not to mention they basically go anywhere they want, when they want (watch yourself crossing the street. i almost got nailed to the curb about 10 times when i was in florence) but they are only good for city/urban areas. but still a good thing.
otherwise, we don't want to hear any whining from people that own SUV's that suck gas faster than segulls finding a chum boat.

S

simm

Originally posted by cobra2806
Let the prices raise, less idiots on the road!

LOLMAO!!!!! Sooo true. Man we have idiots here.
IMO the prices will go down. They always go up then down. Our problem is not with the middle east on gas but Venezuela!