OT: How is evryones tank doin?

S

sebae0

actually mine is doing really good, had a small power outage and tang came down with ich and i got a little worried. soaked food in garlic and all seems good now, couldn't be happier

benrock

Same as logan and Krunk. How can you get rid of a small patch of the red slime algae? Is it caused by excessive nitrates? Lighting I've put on timers now so it can't be that.

Awsome!
Approaching 3 months old and everything is thriving! My water levels have been solid and I got my Trates down to 0 after adding some macro to my refugium a few weeks ago, which needs pruned every 4-5 days!
Going to a fish sale this weekend to pick up a few new additions and a skimmer!

benrock

thx log, that would make me think its phosphates. They were a little high last week and i just bought phosphate reducing filter pads. Hopefully that algae will start to decrease. I did use RO to fill the tank.

acez28

my tank is doing great. Only complaints i have is that i have went from 34 hermits to like 15. I see my CBS with one in his mouth every now and then but i feed him alot so i dont know. I guess the only other thing that could be taking them out is the puffer but he dont go after them. Well as far as i know. Oh well everything else is going great

fshhub

the slime algae could also be aprob with circulation
how old is the tank and where is it and a better dexcription would help too.
try adjusting your powerheads or even adding one or 2, if need be

tahoe ocean

Doing great, but now I need a hunk of wood to knock on! And I must add that the info I'm getting from all you people in the last few months has been fnatastic!
Thank You! Thank You! :D

wamp

I added one to your poll. I have a friend with all my corals while I find a new house.. I hope it will not be long now:(

nacl-h2o

Well 5 weeks ago they were terrible. A house fire caused a 90% loss in all 4 tanks but, the cycles are over now. I'm battling nitrates and algae, but getting it under control. So I'm up to not so good now, but I'm on my way back, and will be up to great soon.

timo

My 29 is thriving... Whatever I'm doing is working (knock on wood) and no small part has been played by my friends at this board!!! Thanks all:p

overanalyzer

NaCL-H20 - bummer
My five gallon is doing very well - just added a candy cane coral as the centerpiece coral and my clown goby is taking to it. It has feed well and is nearly fully open (after only a couple of days).
My one issues is a patch of red slime algea on my rock work but my wife like the color so I syphon it off as best I can but I don't fret about it too much!

fulcrum

Mine is doing pretty well. I had a very small amount of red slime, which I think I have taken care of (for now). Beyond that the numbers are all solid, my DSB is starting to bubble with nitrogen regularly, and the fish.....ahhhh the fish. They are colorful, energetic and eating well.

justinx

Unfortunately mine is not doing so well. The tank is 8 mo. old, and i have an aptasia that just showed up, a bunch of pretty big hydroids, hair algae, and a dying brain.
The aptasia i might have taken out as well as the hydroid, or should i say jellyfish. And the hair algae is going away, but so slowly that i will be dead before its gone. I guess at least its going and not coming.

benrock

FshHub,
About the Red Slime Algae,
Right now I'm using an Amiracle Wet/Dry 550 gallons/hour
Aqua C protein skimmer
1 rotational powerhead and 1 penguine 170g/h power head
The tank is a 92 gallon corner and seems to have plenty of circulation, but I can always be wrong ;)
thx for any info

hattrick58

Very well. All the fish, corals and inverts are thriving for over 6 months now. Had a little attitude from the purple tang when I added a lemon peel angel this past weekend, but the angel didn't back down and the tang backed off. Water quality has been good, have a little algae going so I'm cleaning the glass twice/week & have new lights on order.