OT: How is evryones tank doin?

nerdy

My tank is doing excellent. It is almost self sustaining these days. I barely have to do any work at all!

fshhub

Originally posted by benrock
FshHub,
About the Red Slime Algae,
Right now I'm using an Amiracle Wet/Dry 550 gallons/hour
Aqua C protein skimmer
1 rotational powerhead and 1 penguine 170g/h power head
The tank is a 92 gallon corner and seems to have plenty of circulation, but I can always be wrong ;)
thx for any info

IMO, you could use a little more and also check to be sure taht the lower levels of awater are getting circulated, in a 92 gallon, I would probably have 1800 or so gph circulation(I like circulation)
minimum, 1000 total..
I owuld add another powerhead or 2, some with some volume. and make sure your tank is getting hte water moved around a bit, at the surface of your substrate as well as the surface of the water.
Also, your lighting, what are you using and how long is it on. providing your water quatlity is good, I would look at these 2 areas and purchase
3 fighting conchs and a dozen or so nassarius snails. In addition to any crabs you may have.
HTH

timo

Originally posted by sammystingray
On average..the average tank seems to be doing better than average??:D :confused: :D :D

Interesting statistical incongruency occouring!!!

benrock

thx hub,
By what you said I'm definately at the lower end toward the minimal circulation. I'm going to try what you said and order another power head. Water quality is good except Phosphates where a little high and alklinity was a little low. I bought a Phosphate reduction filter pad so hopefully that will be under control soon. As far as lighting goes, I currently have a 50/50 10K VHO system and the display lighting the tank came with. I run them on timers for eight hours a day.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by TimO
Interesting statistical incongruency occouring!!!

Can't use this poll for statistical analysis since everyone is self reporting and you can't count on people to report their status accurately.
It is almost like asking a loaded question: "So have you stopped beating your wife?"
yes or no - but the answer can't be reliable.
Statisical variance measurements usually require a large scale reply - like on this board I always figure 100 replies is a good variance .... you just have to be careful of how you phrase the question .....

timo

Originally posted by overanalyzer

Statisical variance measurements usually require a large scale reply - like on this board I always figure 100 replies is a good variance .... you just have to be careful of how you phrase the question .....

Not to sound , well, wrong, but these are some of the things Colorado State University (class of '95) taught me as I got a degree in Psychology. However, I always enjoy your replies, you are very keen. I particularly liked your arguments in my "kids and tanks" thread.. I agreed with you completely!!!:p

S

sinner's girl

The fish and inverts are alive. We took the water to be tested but the results were messed up b/c the guy didn't know what he was doing. I told him what he was doing wrong but it was too late.
Sinner wants to switch tanks...which is a good idea...but somehow I don't see that happening before end of May.
and I can report Sinner isn't beating me...yet anyway.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by nolofinwe
hey overanalyzer, bronco says he just needs to drill holes and silicone it, dont suppose you could help him out? i am moving in a month and ill have to back out of the deal if he cant get it here in the next two or three weeks.

You crack me up - but I can't help. He'sstationed in California and I'm living in Kansas ..... unless you send me $208 for round trip airfare .....