OT: Just curious what kind of people are into reef tanks

tankstolove

Guess I'm next. <blockquore>"Just like to say great to meet you all, adds alot for so little information. This is my first day as a saltwaterfish.com member, what a neet idea."</blockquote> I guess I'm pretty boring, because all I do is aquariums. I'm 27 and have 3 college degrees from the outside, all in confusing fields. I design water features aquariums, indoor/outdoor ponds, and custom water features. My company currently cares for 368 aquariums, and 56 outdoor ponds locally. I have designed for many celebreties, movies, industrial, and business locations. I love what I do and everyday is a hobby, at least until my life (my wife) gets home. I have no kids yet, we decided we will enjoy each other for a few years, before she bares my 10 kids, ha. I'll need them, at this rate, I'll have a million aquariums to look after. Like I said pretty boring life. Although my wife is cool, though I'd better ask before I tell you anything... SEE LIFE... "It's a beautiful world!"

jwalters77

Hi, my name is slim shady....oops wrong board :) My name is Jake I am 24 going to school to be the future president of a major university...or at least a professor some day!! I finance my tanks by working for United Blood Services as a mobile crew supervisor...I enjoy basktball and a fun little group called the SCA.. Up until about 8 hours ago I enjoyed hanging out with my girlfriend of a year...but caught her cheating on me :( :( :mad: :mad: still kinda bummed about that but who needs her I have my fish!!! This is a really cool thread :)
Nice to meet everyone
Jake

susiepan

Bosco,
Welcome and Hi, Im Susie....My Hubby, and 3 boys,29-26-14, and 1 girl-21.. and 3 grandkids, and 6 cats, 2 dogs, 1 red=tailed boa, live in the Rochester NY area....
I've lived here 15-16 yrs, Hubby raised in burbs outside Buffalo NY..
I do @ home on-line work because I was diagnosed with MD when I was prego with our last son, 14 yrs ago....but I'm cool with it...My Mom, and 3 brothers had it, so I kinda knew it was coming..It sucks, but hey, I could be living in Iraq so I'm thankful..
I use to live in NYC..Born in Jersey,right by Giants Stadium..
I am Italian, Hubby is German...
Lets see, we do alot of family stuff....go to church on a regular basis, bible study, and son(youngest) goes to youth groups and does alot of volunteer work with our church..
Zac is diabetic, but really has a good handle on it...
Hubby and I have been together 8 and a half yrs...I love him to pcs..He truly is the man of my dreams...I couldnt ask for more..(and NO..I didnt type that cause hes standing right next to me.. ;) JK...
I enjoy this chat BB alot..Lots of nice people, and good info..You came to the right place... ;)
Hubby is a Manager at a place that makes fast turn circuit boards, for like Xerox, Kodak..etc, He also does sales for them..
Kids do what kids do...My oldest Three are a Tattoo artist, IT Spec, and Daughter works for Arthur Murray..Zac is in 8th grade, and an honor roll kid for 5 yrs running. :D :D
I guess thats it...Oh, Sorry JWalters bout your girl..
~Susie

lu

Wow! hard to top some of these. Glad to meet you guys. My name is Lu (ha), live just outside Wichita. I have 8 horses, 5 cats and the fish tank. Keeps me busy. And I'm.....over the hill....LOL

karlas

hi my name is karla. ive been salt water a little over a year, brackish 2 yrs ago, and had fw a long time. i live in pa, married 3 yrs in june and 28 yrs old. along with the reef we have a genday conure and 2 cats (all spoiled rotten). i work in the warehouse for a plastics company as a material handler. i also like movies, fishing, video and ol games

naturelover

My name is Shankar. Born in Srilanka (Beautiful island). Lived in Europe for over 14yrs. Met my wife on ICQ in 1998 She stayed with me almost year in Norway then we came here to Ohio ( who says online marriage wouldn't last :) ). Work as system engineer here. Worked as network administrator in a private university in Norway. We have 2 snakes, 2 guinea pigs, A ferrat, a cat, freash water fish and salwater. Been in Saltwater hobby for only over year, but freshwater fish and chess since 1973. I'm 36yrs old. If anyone likes to see my wifes page then <a href="http://www.geocities.com/vepou" target="_blank">Here it is.</a>

im joes,as all you know,i bike, surf, skateboard, drtbike, and wakeboard and reef of course.im 14 turning 15 june 16.i love ford esp:1970 Ford Boss Mustang with a 492 and 100 shot of nos,dream car.

fshhub

a married 33(in couple of days anyway) yr old p/t college student majoring in international business and languages, live in pa, and enjoy fishing-computers-wieght lifting-knife and sword collecting
jack of all trades(almost), meaning i have several things i can do as a carreer, involving
printing(pressman for several years), sales, management, and computers, also took some schooling for electronics,and have also done machining for a while
currently, i just took on a position as a corporate mgr and salesman, our corporation deals with computers(2 stores and mail order), has a internet service and car lot

flyinbrian

hey there bosco0633
I am from canada as well. IN ontario near London
Where in ontario are you?
I enjoy my aquarium also because of the stress releive it gives me. Its beauty is also astonishing.
I am a grade 12 student(17) and I plan to take a work abroad Program in australia in the near future. I also play the guitar because I love music and it also lets me mellow out. Other than that I have nothing to say. Oh I work about 30 hours a week aside from school.

twicklund

Name is Tracy (male)...26, live in FL...Single, but just starting a relationship...I love my tank, and I love to Dive...I work in computer sales, and volunteer as a youth leader at my church...
Thats me in a nutshell...
tw

po40cal

Well this morning I was an operator at a ammonia producing plant , but this afternoon I am looking for a job after being layed off.Where me and my g/f will go from here in life and in reefing who knows. Reefing is not cheap as you know.We have a recently, good running setup, and have been able to avoid all the ``beginneers mistakes``, but only from getting info from here and a good LFS .Aint life grand with all its twist and turns?

turbo21

i am a 19 year old female and i am in school to be a realtor I like working on cars it doesnt matter which kind of car wether its euro type cars or muscle cars if i am not doing that i will hang out in the park or sit at home and watch my fish i like lookinh at the tank in the middle of the night when everything is sleeping.

dirtybilge

Right now I am bartending to pay the bills for my tanks. I am restoring my 66 396BBC Impala, I love going on vacations with my Nikon and summer sails out in the ocean. But nothing like watching a Yankees game. Taking care of my 165,90,65,10,10 gallon tanks.
ED

indy1

I'm Scott. I'm 28. I live in Indy(go figure) I've been married for 2 12 yrs. :) I have a 55g reef, 150g FO, 4 dogs (no pugs) 3 cats, 3 frogs, 1 turtle and 1 Kid. Yes, I do charge admission to my house, $10 all day pass :D I work on cars for a living but, hopefully that will change soon.. I love the salt hobby and wheelin' in my JEEP!!!!!!!

bonolover

Hi All - My name is Debra, 41, (add a year next month), married 8 years with 2 little girls. I was laid off in November and have been looking for an IT Management job since. But since the market is so tight, I decided to start up my SW hobby again while laid off just to stay busy. I was originally in this hobby about 10 years ago and got out after a terrible tragedy (turned off my filter/pump one night while feeding brine shrimp as a treat. Since it wasn't my usual habit, went to bed for the night without turning the pump back on. Yep - murdered over $400 worth of fish and iverts. Felt so bad that I stopped cold turkey). Anyway, back into this hobby which is keeping my mind off of my current career situation. But, "this too shall pass". I enjoy many, many things in life, but my favorite would have to be going to concerts - although ruaround has me beat on the number I've attended. And, well if you can't tell from my monikier, I'm a HUGE Bono fan (the U2 one, not the Cher one).
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your advice. Although not necessarily to me (I tend to read more than I respond), I have learned a lot from this BB and appreciate the vast majority of sane and sensible people who take the time to help others.
HTH (Actually I only add that because I see it on a lot of the posts here. And it always seems to be at the end of a really nice post. So, what does it mean?).

musipilot

We should all get together and have a barbeque. (no fish!). I'm Dave, I live in Long Beach, NY, and the ocean that is 150 ft. from my house is not nearly as nice as the one in the living room. We have a 90 gal FOWLR and 54 gal reef. I'm an air traffic controller at JFK, have been for 13 years, I'm 37. I'm into computers, music, aviation, and fishies! Special love to dirtybilge: the Yankees suck! :) :) :)
Great to be a part of this place.
-Hopeless Met Fan

My name is Vic and Im 45 with three kids 13, 11 and 4. My wife Lisa is a teacher.
I am an AMT(fancy name for aircraft mechanic) in Texas.
I dont really live in a trailer but that has been my name on the BBs for so long it has stuck.
Told the kids if they didnt stay in school, TT is what they would become..... They sure ran with that one.
No offense to moblie home dwellers out there.
Aquarium addicted for 14 years.

rockster

I'm Jerry, I am 30y/o, I have no pug, but i have a spoiled buff cocker spaniel. I am a first-year medical resident. I always rush to go home after on-call for more than 24-hours to see my SW tank. Always give pleasure to see my pets thriving. My plan is to have a nice center aquarium in the waiting room of my soon-to-be medical clinic for my patients to enjoy. :D

carpas

First post, but been reading board for a while. My name is Jeff, just turned 23, live in Santa Barbara. I have a job lined up as a financial planner lined up once I graduate in 2 days (finely). I have no money due to my tank and truck that I just put a new motor in. Regretably, I have to wait a couple thousand miles to break it in before I can go tear the Pismo dunes to pieces. As noted in my profile, I like to snowboard, skate, sail, wheel, punk scene, to list a few.

jumpfrog

I'm Michael, 45. Retired as an Air Force personnel officer five years ago and now work as a human resource manager for a manufacturing company. I've done freshwater on and off all my life but more so in the last 2 years. Just started reef in January of this year. Many thanks to all who've provided advice. Married, 5 kids, 3 step. Three grandchildren and one on the way. My wife and I love movies at home with home theater system and going for rides on the lake in our Donzi.
Great thread!