OT: Kim Basinger & *****.

moopiespoo

Courtesy of US Magazine. Kim Basinger is starting a campaigne to end the abuse of animals at *****. She has 1170 ***** employee e-mail addresses and she is urging them to report any instances of animal abuse or neglect to PETA immediatly. A rep for ***** has invited her to a store to "see what we do".
I am curious what will come of this. I myself have witnessed a bunch of unethical stuff going on at this store and others. Not just with the fish either. Hopefully this will get them to change their practices.

T

thomas712

Yeah I saw that, but PETA has my scorn as well as *****.
Thomas
KIM BASINGER IN URGENT E-MAIL TO ***** EMPLOYEES: BLOW THE WHISTLE ON CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

[hr]
Oscar-Winning Actor Joins PETA’s Nationwide Campaign to Stop Abuse of Animals at San Diego-Based *****
For Immediate Release:
August 13, 2003
Christy Griffin ***-***-****
San Diego, Calif. --- PETA member and Oscar-winning actor Kim Basinger has fired off an urgent e-mail message to hundreds of ***** employees across the country, encouraging them to immediately report to PETA any neglect or abuse of animals in ***** stores.
Basinger writes, "Animal organizations throughout the country have been receiving numerous complaints that *****’s own guidelines for in-store animal care aren’t being followed. Many animals at ***** stores are being deprived of adequate food, water, and veterinary care, and many who are deemed unworthy of life are not given a humane death. … If any of these problems sound familiar to you or if you’ve heard of or witnessed an instance of abuse or neglect of animals, please report it to PETA immediately."
Basinger also relates a shocking account of animal suffering revealed to PETA by a former ***** employee and assures employees that all tips will be kept confidential if tipsters prefer to remain anonymous.
The text of Kim Basinger’s e-mail message to ***** employees follows. For more information, please visit PETCOCruelty.com.
Dear ***** employees,
I am writing today because I know that you care about animals, as I do, and because there is something going on at ***** stores with which you may be able to help.
Animal organizations throughout the country have been receiving numerous complaints that *****’s own guidelines for in-store animal care aren’t being followed. Many animals at ***** stores are being deprived of adequate food, water, and veterinary care, and many who are deemed unworthy of life are not given a humane death.
On March 26, 2002, a former ***** employee wrote to one such organization, PETA, saying, "Everything you wrote about ***** is true.
... Ferrets were always coming in dehydrated with diarrhea, and they didn’t know how to eat hard food, way too young to be away from their mothers. Rats and mice came in suffering from upper respiratory infections, and since they were ‘cheap’ animals, we weren’t allowed to take them to the vet—it was either sell them as is, or send them back to be destroyed. Birds constantly came in with growths on their legs or deformed beaks as a result of bad factory breeding."
If any of these problems sound familiar to you or if you’ve heard of or witnessed an instance of abuse or neglect of animals, please report it to PETA immediately: Send e-mail to *DELETED* Your name will be kept confidential if you prefer to remain anonymous. To find out more, please visit ***********
The animals need you on their side.
Thank you for caring,
Kim Basinger

tony detroit

I have witnessed a totally disagreeable situation at every petstore I have been to period.
Don't forget about the reptile world.
My 3 foot gator is "happy in his 125 gal tank" gimme a break.
A gator in captivity is not happy no matter what he's in
The 4 foot iguanas that must stay in their aquarium and never come out any more because the kids got bored with him pisses me off too.
Same thing goes for many other animals kept in captivity.
It's total bs

buzz

I wanna know where Kim Basinger obtained over a thousand email addresses from ***** employees, and why that isn't considered SPAM to send a mass mailing to them...