Ot: Math

grantman

How can you say math sucks? Our understanding of math is the prime reason we can succeed in this hobby of ours. Mathematics is so misunderstood because all we think math is is what we did (or did not do) in our algebra classes in high school. Believe me it is much more.

j21kickster

I am an overly masculine weight pumping dude- and i wear a size 10.5-11.5 depending on brand- and my neck is as thick as my, well...;) :eek:

overanalyzer

Originally posted by j21kickster
I am an overly masculine weight pumping dude- and i wear a size 10.5-11.5 depending on brand- and my neck is as thick as my, well...;) :eek:

Pinky??
What in the hell is an E in math?? I taught school in 2 different states in 3 different school districts and I never heard of an E before .....

Male, size 10.
I don't think math sucks, I think it is incredibly inspiring to watch those that can do it. I myself do not have the correct mental capacity for advanced math. It took everything I had to pass Calculus I and thank God that is the highest level of math I have to take to do what I want to do. God bless the mathematically inclined people that provide this world with all the neat gidgets and gadgets that provide entertainment, communication, and save lives.
:)

lovethesea

lost track can't count.....:confused:
I hated math and now its coming back to haunt me with my 5th graders NEW!!!! math:eek:

maxi

University of Illinois also uses an E for a failing grade. They also use a 5.0 grade scale. It makes your GPA sound better to others.;)

cindyski

ohio used to do the E's instead of F's dont know if they still do or not
hey fishman are we gonna find out the results from this project???:D

clarkiiboi

I'll give you mine, but its most likely not needed now. Female, 8. I think E is equal to F. Always wondered why it was A,B,C,D,and then F! Makes no sense, IMO should of been E. With that said I went to a school that used 5-1 instead of A-F----5 being an A and so on.............Good luck on the project, hope it all works out!

overanalyzer

Originally posted by CindySki
ohio used to do the E's instead of F's dont know if they still do or not

How long ago was that?? I graduatedfrom HS in '89 and they still used F. Got one once - in handwriting ....

cindyski

the one that started the thread :D

cindyski

Originally posted by overanalyzer
How long ago was that?? I graduatedfrom HS in '89 and they still used F. Got one once - in handwriting ....

i graduated from strongsville in 81 as a junior, but now i am wondering cuz i went to midpark when i was a sophmore and i wonder if it was that district that used the E's or if they both did. :confused:
where did you go overanalyzer??

overanalyzer

i graduated from strongsville in 81 as a junior, but now i am wondering cuz i went to midpark when i was a sophmore and i wonder if it was that district that used the E's or if they both did. :confused:
where did you go overanalyzer??

Padua Franciscan - lived in Parma