OT:Mind control

naturelover

How many of you think you control your mind rather than mind controls you.
If you think you control your mind then try doing this.
Rotate your right leg on air clockwise and try to write 6 with your right hand on the air. ( ofcourse you can't do it since left part of brain control right and right control left)
for left handers rotate your left leg on the air counterclockwise and try to write 9 with your left hand.

clarkiiboi

Ha, thought I controlled my mind at first, cause instead of trying to write out the word six, I made the number 6. Trying to write it out didnt work too well. So, now I can say my mind made me do it, I couldnt control myself!! LOL

naturelover

smokinstarfish
you must be doing something wrong, cause if you can do it then scientist would love to get hold of you. :D

naturelover

smokinstarfish
1st you said you can do it. is it joke,
then you can do it most of the time.
what is next. you have tried and didn't work. :D
well if you really can I would suggest any scientist here to get hold of you for experiment.

I'll admit I screwed up a couple of times. I can't believe it's impossible. You said "write 6" at first, then someone clarified "spell SIX" which is harder but not overly difficult.
Science's understanding of the brain is all backwards anyway.

N

newreefers

I tried it, I can write a 6 in the air, write a 6 on paper, and write six on paper, does this mean I am ready for the rubber room??:rolleyes:

murray bmf

I'm drunk, just watched the Dodger game (5-2 over the padres) and did it. Don't know why it's so hard. I worte the number six, and in my drunken stuper realized that maybe you meant spell six, which I did. It did, how ever take a great deal of concentration to do it, but so did getting to the fridge for my the last beer I had:) This damm post is harder to type then the counter clockwise leg write six thing was-bring on the scientist, I"m not a BMF for nothing!

naturelover

for those who says you did it.
I know it is impossible to do, so try to write number 6, no spelling or write on paper or anything else.
Just rotate your "right leg clockwise" point your right hand and "write number 6 in the air".
If you guys/girls did it then you are gifted I guess.
(I always thought I was gifted and could control my mind and end up in 5% of world population in IQ test, but I couldn't do it.)
Lets hear from those who tried and failed. Do you guys/girls think they did like they claim.

jarvis

I did it. I write inverted left hand which technicly used the right side of the brain. So I can cheat:p

justinx

This feat is by no means impossible. It is difficult no doubt, but anything but impossible. The reason being as previously mentioned, the right side of the body is controlled by the left hemisphere of the brain. The primary and secondary motor cortex to be exact which are both located in the frontal lobes of the brain. The main reason that this is a difficult task is because the body is attempting to send simultaneous action potentials down solitary nerve tracts. On top of that there are subconcious motor activities as well, such as maintaining balance while standing on one leg. Furthermore, rotating the leg in a clockwise circle is an imprecise action where as drawing the number 6 is a precise action. Both requiring separate sections of the motor cortex, which goes back to sending multiple action potentials down solitary nerve tracts. The reason that it can be done by some and not by others is that those that can perform this task have more developed myelin surrounding their neuronal axons. All this means is that the nerve signals travel significantly faster than individuals with less myelin.
Furthermore, people out there with split brain personality, or those who are ambidextrous have no problems with this whatsoever, and can do even far more complex tasks than this.
Justin Miller, B.S.
Neuroscience

naturelover

Justin thanks for clearing it.
I never was intrested in science field just because my dad was doctor, just to dispite him I chose mathematics that's why I actually end up in less than 2% of those who would finish einstein question.
So I should've read about it before posting it's impossible, ofcourse I am impatient when it comes to reading, except here I read anything and everything.

escape2thewater

WOW! Justin, what little chance I had on doing this just ended after reading your post! MY brain just melted down!! JK, but no I cant do it!!! .... not after having a couple beers anyways!
Kyle
:D

wrassecal

Originally posted by JustinX
This feat is by no means impossible. It is difficult no doubt, but anything but impossible. The reason being as previously mentioned, the right side of the body is controlled by the left hemisphere of the brain. The primary and secondary motor cortex to be exact which are both located in the frontal lobes of the brain. The main reason that this is a difficult task is because the body is attempting to send simultaneous action potentials down solitary nerve tracts. On top of that there are subconcious motor activities as well, such as maintaining balance while standing on one leg. Furthermore, rotating the leg in a clockwise circle is an imprecise action where as drawing the number 6 is a precise action. Both requiring separate sections of the motor cortex, which goes back to sending multiple action potentials down solitary nerve tracts. The reason that it can be done by some and not by others is that those that can perform this task have more developed myelin surrounding their neuronal axons. All this means is that the nerve signals travel significantly faster than individuals with less myelin.
Furthermore, people out there with split brain personality, or those who are ambidextrous have no problems with this whatsoever, and can do even far more complex tasks than this.
Justin Miller, B.S.
Neuroscience

This feat is by no means impossible.blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah complex tasks than this..........is this the "IT" they are looking for on the other thread:p;) :D :rolleyes:

Thanks, I thought I was just some weirdo with a brain they're going to dissect when I die because I can perform any variation of this task. I first hypothosised that it was because my IQ was in the top five-per-cent, but then thought, nah, it's just too easy to do.
Sorry about science understanding the brain backwards comment. Look at thelastrevolution.com. It wants you to buy a book, but at the same time, it publishes the full book right there to read or print out yourself right on the website because of the author's political-correctness.

overanalyzer

it is also possible to do this if you can assign a task to your body that is memorized ...so much so that it becomes second nature.
Therefore if you practice it then you will be able to do it eventually. My guess is - regardless of intelligence level or your IQ then you can learn to do it.... so the first few times you do it you "think" you do it right but you keep doing it because you are told it is "impossible" to do and eventually get it right ....
OR
You are ambidextrous and/or have fantastic mental composure (which would explain why you got your high IQ score - good tester).
If you want your IQ really tested then you need to be tested on one ofhte problem solving style IQ tests rather than a plan old pencil and paper test (did this in high school and scored equally on both - which is a rarity).
Also - any one person who thinks they understand how the brain works makes me skeptical .... it is an organic computer .... that many of us intentionally damage ......

Overanalyzer, I couldn't agree with you more on the problem-solving style of IQ testing, ones which include a variety of problems, physical but mostly mental in nature, and not focused on how much one knows.
Intelligence is how fast you can process information/memory at any given moment, aka... comprehension. Intelligent people have more neural "connections" in the cerebral cortex.
Education/knowledge is how much you know; a measure of what you memorized in life and at school. There are an awful lot of dumb people with degrees. There are an awful lot of brilliant people dropping out of school.
The pencil and paper style of IQ testing determines only one's knowledge. Two different things totally, but equally important and dependant on each other for the success of a bright mind.
Go to thelastrevolution.com. It’s an on-line book on the problems of the world, why it’s happening, and the big mix-up in intelligence.

naturelover

I agree with overanalyzer and smokinstarfish on testing IQ. it is how you resolve something rather than how much you know from various studies.
Well the one I took was simply mathematical problem solving. I took 40 questions in 15 min with stop watch in place and I did quiet well ( finished 37 questions and all were correct).
I prefer that kind of problem solving than someone who learns alot and memorize everything to pass a IQ test.
it is not IQ test when someone can memorize everything especially the one like on Fox I failed on words and phrase (9 wrong) :eek: but still end up with over 130.
smokinstarfish nice site. i am reading and might buy the book if wife lets me. :D