OT... need your prayers...

I'm so sorry you had to receive this news. It is impossibly difficult to comprehend at any time of year, but maybe even more so at this time of year. I have every reason to believe that your precious daughter will survive this and claim victory over cancer! There may be times during the course of her treatment that you will be terrified beyond belief. There will be other times when your heart is in your throat. Then there will be those little victories along the way that will all add up to the biggest victory of all!
Please be aware that it is not uncommon for the oncologist to change chemptherapeutic drugs during the course of treatment if they feel another avenue may be more beneficial. Sometimes treatment modalities change with CT scan results and so forth. There are excellent medications now which do wonders to help alleviate the side effects of chemo. Zofran is one of them. They will insert a "central line" of some sort (there are many different types of these lines) so that pokes to her little body will be minimal. The chemo also needs to be delivered to an area of high flow and the central line allows for that.
You will be in our thoughts and prayers here at Sunrise Stables. I have included your family in our prayer circle. If you would like to discuss what is happening with your daughter in more detail, please feel free to email me and I will help you in any way that I can. Email SunriseStablesNOSPAM@excite.com. Remove the "no spam".

scotts

Not sure how to start this so I will just tell you my story. When my daughter was born she had a giant omphalocele. In normal words, the skin on her stomach did not close up. Let's put it this way, I saw her liver. I had to make the phone calls to all of the relatives that we had a daughter, but that she had a problem. I will never forget when she first came out and they said that we have a daughter, then I knew something was up when I heard all the doctors saying, "Call Dr. Hanson." Within 6 hours she was in an ambulance and was taken to another hospital that had a Neo-natial Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The drivers told me that they would not be going fast on the highway and I remember passing the ambulance and thinking "Hey my daughter is in there." I was so proud that I had a daughter and also thinking that my daughter should not be in an ambulance. Talk about an intense high and and intense low at the same time. They operated on her when she was less than 24 hours old. Then again 2 weeks later.
When she was around 18 months old she went through a series of tests. A friend of mine said that he was upset because the nurse had to poke his daughter 2 or 3 times to take a blood sample. I replied to him has he ever had to hold his daughter down while someone shoves a wire up her nose. Also at this time we were checking my son for Autism. Within a space of one week he was positively diagnosed with Autism, we were told that my daughter had to have a third operation and I was told that due to downsizing I would no longer be a "manager", but a "supervisor" while doing all the responsibilites of my old job, but that of the supervisor that I had to lay off. We had 2 to 3 doctors appts during all of this time. People used to tell us that they did not know how we made it. A friend of mine said that he expected to receive a phone call from me at anytime that I was in Arizona, that I could not take it anymore.
So with my long winded story I will tell you that we will be down similar roads. You will go through depression, a "Why me" state, denial and other stages. Please don't laugh at this, but about 6 months after that week I thought of myself like a concrete pillar that supports a bridge after an earthquake. I may have cracked, but I did not break. One rule that my wife and I had was that we could not both loose it at the same time. One of us had to stay strong for the other. And then the other one could loose it later in the week.
I would like to offer my support for you in any way that I can. You can e-mail me at skschneiderNOSPAM@adelphia.net Just take out the NOSPAM part of my e-mail address. Please feel free to e-mail with questions, comments, concerns or just to vent. Venting helps.
Scott

dugan

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. For those of you that asked, my daughter's name is Hunter. I appreciate all of the support.
Katie

dacia

I'm am truly sorry to hear the news. You will be in my prayers. I offer a bit of advice for you:
Never give up the thought that your daughter will be healed. God can and will do wondrous things for you if you believe that He will. God will give you anything that a righteous heart desires if you have the faith that it will be done. Pray for God to heal, and he will heal. I have been witness to many miracles in my short lifetime...people with debilitating diseases and afflictions who have the love of Jesus in the heart and faith in His power were made like new right in front of my eyes.
Not only will I pray for the quick healing of your daughter, but I will also pray that you be steadfast in your faith. If you have it, it will never fail you. God always waits at the door wanting to come in and lead you. I know these times are trying, but God wants you to grab a hold of Him in all times, including times like this. If you do, you will be rewarded with your daughter's life, and much more beyond that.
God bless!
~*Karen*~

birdy

I will also be praying for your family and your daughter, nothing in this world is more precious than your children. I am also praying for wisdom for the doctors that will be treating your child. God bless you and your family.