OT-- Other Pets

S

sebae0

i have 2 dogs, a cat, and 6 fish tanks but he only pic i have is the cat! for now

N

newreefers

my cat isn't in my tank, but it's not from lack of trying....:)

littleguy

i have 2 minature daschounds a golden retreiver a niger uramastyx a bunch of quail a cat 2 cockateils and a red fox. it's a full house

marco333

Yea my hedgehog is really cool, this summer im gonna build him an outside pen, because he loves being outside.

harrysreef

I have 1 parrot (Sengal) named Frank, 3 cats, 2 dogs and 2 kids they are truly the wild ones. We have a full house here.:)

cboyfan2020

Originally posted by HairTrigger
That's a cool doberman Cboy. Freakin' chubby :D I have a rottweiler who's also 120 lbs. And she's a chubster too. :D

He actually isnt that chubby. I used to work for a vet and he is just really big. He gets alot of looks at the park, especially from fine ladies;) I found him at the pound because when they cropped his ears they took the stitches out to early and now one flops over halfway and the other sticks up:D I used to have a friend that had a 225lb rott that was pure muscle. They had to reinforc their door cause he kept knocking it off the hinges when someone came over:eek:

marinerock

Hey Cboy....
Nice Doberman....good luck with him....
I have to disagree with you on the weight of ANY Rottweiler
said to have been over 135 lbs...
There is absolutely no way your friend or anyone
else has a Purebred Rottweiler that weighs 225 lbs.....
absolutely no way...
Many people have said they had 150 lb. Rottweilers,
however, when actually put on a scale, their dogs didnt even
weigh 105 lbs. ....
for some reason...people who are novices in the dog world,
preceive a dogs weight alot more than its actual weight...
In any case, a Rottweiler or any other breed of dog
(except for maybe a Mastiff) of 225 lbs.,WOULD NOT be able to
do the work that it was bred to do, let alone to be able to
do anything more than a nice rug on the floor could do...
Regards...
Marinerock

cboyfan2020

FWIW, i do not consider myself a novice in the dog world. I have been working with dogs since I was ten years old and I was at the vet when the dog was weighed. Just because you havent seen it or hear about it doesnt mean it isnt possible. Havent you ever seen the 150lb house cat on ripleys before? If I still knew wher the guy was I would take a picture for you but I promise you it is true. Rotts are considered a one of the largest breed dogs with their weight class usually maxed out at 180lbs. This one weighed more. Just like my dobie is only supposed to get up to around 80lbs but he is purebred and if anything maybe 10lbs overweight from the winter.

marinerock

Hey Cboy....
I respect your opinion....however, even the most overweight
Rottweiler will not reach the numbers you are stating....
however, I would be more than happy to pay roundtrip
airplane tickets for you, your friend and his 225 lb. Rottweiler
just so I can see him and weigh him for myself...
Are you sure when he was weighed, the owner himself
wasnt still standing on the scale...?
Anyhow, I do respect your claims and I hope we are still cool?
Regards...
Marinerock

cboyfan2020

i am not mad at you. I am the most laid back guy you will probably ever meet. I just wanted to say I have been around dogs my whole life and I am the one who weighed the dog in front of my boss(vet). I know rotts dont really get that big often thats why I said I was amazed. Maybe it had falsified papers or something but it was a full breed rott and Ive seen it knock down the door before because I was on the other side of it. Like I said in my earlier post if I new where the guy was now I would have taken a picture for you. No hard feelings, I can see you are a dog person too as am I. I jsut was saying that just because you havent seen it doesnt mean it isnt possible. Remember the celecanth?(sp);)

marinerock

Hey Cboy....
Glad all is good....I believe you...
but you know, being as you worked in a vets office...
People come in and say...he weighs 280 lbs. and up
on the scale the dog goes....viola...73 lbs....they are
amazed and dont know how their dog lost so much
weight and he still looks the same as he did 4 years ago...lol
You get the picture....Nice sharing conversation with you...
Happy Easter to you and yours....
Regards...
Marinerock

cboyfan2020

belive me I know what you mean. I have seen fat a$$ chihuahas and poms that the owners say arent overweight and they can barely move. I really wish I stioll worked there so I could sneak a copy of his file. anyways, Happy Easter to you too!
Tony

marinerock

Hey Cboy...
Thanks....it was nice talkin with you...
Now I have to try to rid my 125 of cyano...damn, I cant
believe this stuff is covering my tank...I originally thought
it was Coraline, as it looked real pretty,but my wife said
that none of the tanks in all the fish stores we go to has
what we have, so it must be no good....my friend checked
it out and said...cyano definitely...never ends...just when
you think the tank is going real good...viola ...lol
Regards...
Marinerock

stacyt

I'd be posting all day if I where to post all the pets. Here's a couple of the birds. 1st is Teddy our Umbrella cockatoo.