OT..... PETA and tax free status

sammystingray

Anyone familiar with PETA and their often moronic activities may want to sign this online petition to remove their tax free status. If left up to them, you would NOT even have a fish tank. I don't even feel the need to go into details about these fools, we have seen their stupidity for years, and their group doesn't even have to pay taxes??? I have no idea how effective the petition will be, but if you want to sign....we can dream.
http://www.petitiononline.com/rvkptaex/

D

daniel411

I disagree on this. In court, instead of having all donations being taxed. It often just comes down to the amount that was inapropriately spent being taxed. Won't change anything. Just look at the Association of American Retired Persons for recent court findings.
Instead, try them in criminal court! If someone gives money and endorses vandalism/murder/terrorism. I believe the victims could have recourse, along with possible charges brought up by federal prosecutors.
Imagine the board of directors being personally held accountable. Would be an interesting precedent.

tru conch

some good articles
i personally dont care if anyone eats meat. i think peta are a bunch of nutjobs, just like sea shepard and greenpeace. i try not to eat red meat, but its for health reasons, not animal rights reasons. i still love some dirty bird (chicken) and i cant stop eating good seafood. in fact i do go hunting and i eat what i kill, same with fishing. imo moderation is key and dont force your views upon someone else, no matter how good your intent is.
still funny to read someone blasting peta.

broncofish

Hey I say if the Catholic church can own more land than the trumps, net billions of dollars and still go tax free than go ahead and let PETA do it also. Most people hate them anyway the only people that give them money are celebrities, and I'm sure that fad will pass as soon as they realize that it is freaking hard to be a Vegan. Just IMO

sammystingray

Daniel411, I see your point, but nobody is really doing much of anything, these guys are atleast trying to do something.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by sammystingray
Daniel411, I see your point, but nobody is really doing much of anything, these guys are atleast trying to do something.

Completely agree that doing anything is better than doing nothing. I've just never heard of an online petition actually being looked at seriously by someone able to make a change.

chinnyr

You guys should try living here where thier headquaters is!I know people that work there and have worked there.And,you should see the building....it's architectually involved.Not just your ordinary brick building.It is situated across from the governments NOAA building right on the water with windows all the way around.It looks like something you would see in Europe.I always wonder why they need that building each day I drive by on my way to work.I guess that's where alot of the donations go:notsure:

Those articles were humorous. I agree with eating animals, but not kicking dogs that don't move from in front of your automobile or eating specific animals into extinction. I think the author was only joking though. I almost bought a t-shirt, but I refrained.