OT: Posts should come with warning lables

sea goblin

OK, so medicine bottles come with health warnings, i think we need to take some post topics into the same kind of concideration. Such as, if you make a post about tangs, place a cauction lable at the beginnig saying that some side affects include; headache, nausea, faintness, red-in-the-face, and epileptic seizures. These can all come from prolonged exposure to controversial topics.
It seams that in the last month or so, there has been a lot of controversial discusions on tangs, and other varous SW related, and non SW related things. I wonder if "Cabin Fever" has set in?
Sea Goblin

While that is true, I think that people who willingly hurt fish and other live animals, when they know better should be jumped on and talked to harshly. What some people do is just sorrible and they try to defend it, when they know what they're doing is wrong. If there aren't people to tell these others better, then there will be no more sw hobby. Plain and simple.

buzz

No offense intended, but I really think what has been posted too much on are posts talking about the types of posts that have been made. That has been addressed several times over the last few days, and I think it is beaten to death.

sea goblin

I hear ya Buzz, I made the post because i was a little shoked at how it got a little out of hand from the simple question of "what Tang do you like?" I Hope everyone in the future will just keep a cool head on their shoulders, and we can get throught this little rough patch.
Sea Goblin

S

simm

Dude Im with Buzz. Exspecialy the tang in small tanks debate that keeps comming up. Sheez......

ophiura

Agreed.
By participating in a message board, you already agree that you may read something that bothers you. By posting, you agree that people may give replies that you do not agree with, and you may perceive some to be rude. And so much of the problem is this darn perception thing.
I have experienced pure rudeness when working face to face with people. There isn't a great deal of difference, except that, if you came in with some of the stocking plans some people have here, I might have punched you. :D
I think harsh words are more productive than that ;)

buzz

Curious...why? Did you find them offensive? Mine was meant to be funny, not offensive...

broomer5

No buzz
Personally I did not find them all that offensive - I can see humor in many things.
They just were sort of boarderline funny/offensive to certain groups of people. We all have a different sense of humor.
I can imagine cases where some people might find them objectionable ~ so I put myself in their shoes ~ and got rid of them.
I really hope you understand what I mean ;)

buzz

No question...I understand completely...just wanted to make sure to avoid a problem going forward.