OT: SCUBQ Cert.

YYIIPPEE, i am starting my cert class the first of dec. my boss is footing the bill. He used to be a Collector in the keys. He is also a pilot. We were talking tonight, and said that we would fly down to the keys, make a coupla dives, then fly to the Bahama's and make some dives. Man, i can't wait.
But, i really have to start picking hobbies that will not drain my already empty bank account.:rolleyes:
This is gonna be awsome....i have always wanted to dive!!:D

lovethesea

how exciting. I would love to take up scuba. my cousin has been everywhere diving. Just did the barrier reef last year. He says all I have to do is say the word. (WORD!!!!!!! ) :D

1journeyman

I've never smoked crack cocaine, but I'd be willing to swear that Diving is the most addictive habit out there. I can't really explain it, but once you've hit the ocean, and glided over a reef in 100+ visibility you will never be the same.
Welcome to the Club, and remember to breathe! (My dive buddy had a rough time remembering that in the check out dive)
John

tru conch

welcome to the club (well very soon)
where in the keys are you going? i was born and raised in the keys (hence my name) and i can recommend a few spots in key largo, especially since i worked at a dive shop in key largo for 4 years in high school.
enjoy it, there isnt anything else like it.
like journeyman said, just relax and remember to breathe, and you will have a blast.

dpdiver

It is an addicting sport, But it is also one that I love. I only been diving for about 5 years but I am a instructor now. I know if you love aquariums you will enjoy swimming in gods tank! Here is a frinds site for U/W pics www.jwchandler.com He taught me how to dive and to do U/W Photos We were in Okinawa togeather and Yap. Some of the best diving I have ever done! IMO
Go and get your gills wet... you will never regret it.
Milt

timsedwards

Hey sounds good, is that a PADI course?
I did mine in the Maldives (Indian Ocean), click on my website and on the homepage at the bottom is a picture of the island i learnt on!
www.tims-reef.com
Tim.

lovethesea

Tim......yer killin' me!!! I had to look again!! :D Do you any any other pics from there? I'd be in that water all darn day :)

phil1964

I did it about 15 years ago. I could barely swim but follow the rules and it is safe and easy.
I still can't swim well:D

timsedwards

hey lovethesea,
Here are some (of many) pics for i took on holiday!
The first is of the atols from the sea plane at 3000 ft...

timsedwards, dude, your killin me. I am exited as it is, and now you show me these aswome pics!! :D
I am not sure what kinda class, but i do belive it will be PADI course.
.....man i cant wait.........

lovethesea

OK, now thats what I'm talking about!! I am not kidding, those 2 chairs are where I could spend the rest of my days!!! :D
The beach picture could be a poster, do you mind if I save a copy?
NICE avator change!! More pictures please.............:)

timsedwards

Hey guys!
It was the most amazing holiday ever, im going to try and go back this summer but very expensive! The maldives has 2000 islands, 70 of them are hotel/resorts and each one of them has diving schools. The diving is unreal, i saw everything from powder blues, to hippos, to reef sharks to lions.
LOL those two chairs were where i spent the whole week nearly!
Feel free to save them, ive had to reduce them (they are oringally 1280 or so) but also reduce quality, so if you want better ones just pop me an email timsedwards@quicknet.nl
Im away for the weekend now so see you guys on sunday!
Tim.

lovethesea

thanks! the beach is now on my screen!! It looks good enough to me. It will be nice to look at in a few weeks when we start into the really fun parts of our winters. I can't imagine how expensive that would be. The plane fare alone would kill ya'.
Have a good weekend....and really, a few more pics would do me good!!:D