OT: Snow- Getting pounded in the Mid-Atlantic

attml

Well, we have about 12" so far and they are predicting as much as 26 inches of snow total. My house was built in 1906 and is a little fraile. I am seriously hoping it can handle the weight of 26 inches of snow! It started out as a heavy snow and some of the trees are bending and you can see how covered the power lines are. i am hoping we don't loose power for my tank's sake!

koiman6

Up here around philly we are supposed to get 12-20 inches. But we already have tomorow off for schoool.

madd catt

Well,now were going too get some again i think that we have got more snow this year than i 10 to 15 years at least in how much it snows in one year anyways, not sure about accumulation wise but most likely surpassed that as well.It has been a strange couple of years with winters being more warm than cold and summers being warmer[in some cases]than it used to be and the that birds and geese would not leave and stayed around more than they should have.I am not saying that something is wrong with the weather or is not a natural ocurance of some kind or if the greenhouse effect does not have anything to due with it but just seems to be strange thats all.Of course now that the winters due seem to be more normal perhaps summers will now be more cooler sort of like a balance in nature.