OT: Space Shuttle Columbia

reefur.

communication was lost over an hour ago, debris is falling out of the sky in texas. I dont like this feeling.
:-

barracuda

I think it's a very sad day for all nations!!!
I just heard about what happend.
I just can't believe this is true.

actually it has been down for a while the video is old an d repeating. They have no idea why it broke up. My question is why are there no reports from TX?

wamp

Damn..... Did they find all the pieces? Or is this currently happening? Sorry, no near TV..

barracuda

It's written in the biggest Israeli news web site, that they get into the atmosphere 6 times faster that it should be.

marinemarty

Hey Wamp, All we know is that " something " happened withing the shuttle during re-entry. Reports say not to touch any debris as it may be dangerous ( dead within 48 hours) and contact local authorities. This is awful?? anyone from Texas in here?
Martin

W

wildmike

This is very sad......My heart goes out to the familys....

fireeater

Sad day in America again.....:(
Though here we go again with the News Stations running the looped tape over and over and over and over again........that in itself is sad........

scotts

B,
I think that should read that it was going 6 times faster than the speed of sound.
Scott

wrassecal

They are reporting finding pieces in Oklahoma now. This is awful, loss of life, and finding pieces over about 4 states. I hope they are able to recover enough to figure out what happened at least.

S

simm

Originally posted by reefaddicted
actually it has been down for a while the video is old an d repeating. They have no idea why it broke up. My question is why are there no reports from TX?

There is tons of reports here. You could see debris falling from my house. The shuttle went right over our town and in Plano, Nacadoches (sp?) there is tons of debris and in Plano there are a few structure fire possibly from debris also a few land fires from debris. The military in Texas is Guarding all debris here.

My heart is on the ground. America has endured so much. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those who have lost loved ones and with our Nation as we face yet another tragedy. My flag is once again flying at half mast. It is a sad, sad day.