OT: Steak (Kill shots)

the claw

Not the biggest bull, but hunting conditions really stunk with this drought, so I took the first branch antler bull I could get within range of. I stalked to within 30 yards of him and shot him with my bow. Net= Full Freezer.

the claw

I wasn't the only happy one. Someone likes hiking and fresh air. I got almost got one and a half weeks off after the kill just to spend time with my girls. They really enjoyed the trip. The next evening, things clicked and while camping with two of my girls, I bugled in five rather large bulls. I guess you never know. After dark, one of the bulls I brought in bugles right next to my tent. My two year old laying next to me said"Daddy, would you quite making that noise, I'm trying to sleep."
At least this one tastes good. I'll throw the barbecue. You bring the beer.

D

daniel411

Thats awesome your whole family had such a good time. Where was it you went hunting? Must be pretty close if your family was able to meet you at the killspot.

buzz

And with the size of those things, you will probably run out of room pretty fast. Better send some my way too. :)

W

wildmike

Very cool congrats!!! I cann't wait to got hunting this year!!!!

hairtrigger

That's still a da*n nice bull size regardless. Did you just stumble on him, wait, bait, or been tracking him? Sounds like a great shot too... in the woods at 30 yards if you hit him in the sweet spot. :cool:

moopiespoo

Claw!!! Wait til I show my hubby this. He's a bow hunter too, all he's seen this year is spikes. Hasn't got a thing just lost all his arrows:rolleyes: Where are you hunting? He's been going to Goldendale and Cowiche canyon. He's gonna be so jealous. Congrats!

the claw

I was hunting up in the Nile/Boundary unit in the William O Douglas wilderness area. I had to pack in a ways to get away from the hunters, but I ended up finding the bull closer to the road than I was camped....about two miles in. The bulls I bugled in were right off of the road.(Base camp).
Moopiespoo. Someday we'll have to arrange for your family to come out. If your husband likes hunting, he'll love my house. (Dead animals everywhere:) ) How old are your little ones?
Wildmike.....Where do you live? Where are you going to hunt?

the claw

Thank you! I haven't actually stretched a tape on it yet. Its usually about the first thing I do, but I wasn't that impressed with the rack, so haven't got around to it yet. I'm a trophy hunter, and was a little upset with myself that he wasn't bigger, but I really enjoyed the hunt and my family had a great time. PLUS....he's good eatin'. I was also happy that I was successful. There were alot of hunters in the area that didn't even see a bull this year.
I am truly blessed with my wonderful family.

W

wildmike

I live in the Tri-cities....I didn't see that you are from here!!! I do most of my hunting in the Blue mtns. out of Pomeroy. I would be very surprised if you know were that is!! Next year I am getting a new bow and going for deer. What brand do you shoot??
Mike

the claw

Those are cool Melody. Your going to make me post a bunch of photos aren't you?:)
Wildmike. Don't be so surprised. There just about isn't an inch of this state that I haven't been in. I'm weakest on the west side, but get over there alot for salmon and steelhead. Haven't hunted muchon that side except some bear and cats. I was born and raised in Twisp and Winthrop. Do you know where that is?
I shoot a PSE.
Would anyone be offended if I put some of my animals on here?

the claw

This is my moose from last year. He will be ranked number one in the state (Washington)killed with a bow. I have a friend that killed one just a hair bigger, but he hasn't registered him.

the claw

These are two of my whitetails. The one on the left is number 5 in the state with a bow, and the one on the right is number 8 in the state.

the claw

This guy is the third largest killed in the state and 108 in the world. Without that extra point, (negative in scoring) he would have been number one in state top ten in world with a bow.