OT: Stop the maddness

tlk

Took the boys to see Finding Nemo over the long weekend (finally). Now all they talk about is getting a clown fish, but what is worse, is that they keep asking in "whale". They (the boys) are for sale........:D

buzz

Cccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn wwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pppppppppppllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee gggggggggeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt aaaaaaaaaa cccccccccccclllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnfffffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh ddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd????????????????
LOL:D

wamp

My LFS now has a 12 gallon Eclipse tank setup with 2 clowns in it selling it as (serious here) "Nemo's World".. Isn't that sad..

stillfrodo

That is the sad part. Its one thing for our kids to want the clown fish we have established aquariums. No harm will come. Then you have the people who want to give thier kids NEMO and have no idea whats involved. I'm sure the LFS will be very happy to take thier money. Sad part about it is the waste of life. Aquacultured clowns or not still terrible. IMO

fish boy

there is a store near me that has no idea what they are doing when it comes to saltwater fish and now since the movie they have a 30 gallon tank with at least 40 clownfish if not more with no place for them to hid and last time i came in there was some one trying to buy a clown to put with there goldfish and the store was going to let them get away with it

tlk

Originally posted by Buzz
Cccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn wwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pppppppppppllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee gggggggggeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt aaaaaaaaaa cccccccccccclllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnfffffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh ddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd????????????????
LOL:D

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

reef fool

A LFS here was actually selling one of those eclipse systems w/ LR and LS all set up with a tiny percula, a tiny hippo tang, and an anenome for $135. It was set up right at the register to try to bait in their regular mammal, bird, and reptile owning customers into the SW fish world !!
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then again, their normal acclimation procedure consists of dumping the water from the wholesalers bag, through a net. Thus catching the fish. Followed by a 30 second dip in some tank water and Methyl Blue. Topped off by a quick flip into a display tank. No suprise there, every tang in the place is riddled with ich!

Originally posted by fish boy
there is a store near me that has no idea what they are doing when it comes to saltwater fish and now since the movie they have a 30 gallon tank with at least 40 clownfish if not more with no place for them to hid and last time i came in there was some one trying to buy a clown to put with there goldfish and the store was going to let them get away with it

Did you say anything?

fish boy

ya i told the person who was buying the clownfish that clownfish are saltwater and goldfish are fresh water and she told me am not a fish expert like the owner