OT: Vacation 2003...

nm reef

...I believe we need a personal side to this business of discussing reef related matters. Doesn't hurt to bring up topics not related to the hobby now and then. Since a lot of folks here have become on-line friends I thought I'd post a few of the pics we took on a recent vacation just to offer a look at me and the family as real folks and not just NMreef....
Our trip was through Arizona...in my opinion some of the most beautiful country anywhere....especially the drive from flagstaff thru Sedona & Jerome...down into Prescott and to my old home town of Bagdad(don't ask if you've never been there). We saw lots of sights and visited lots of family...all in all it was a great road trip.

mossad327

I took a ride trip with some friends out to the Grand Canyon last summer. Passed through all those places and I distinctly remember driving by Bagdad. Great pictures!

nm reef

Mossad....you likely didn't "drive by" Bagdad...you may have seen a road sign...but believe me...Bagdad is the only place I've ever seen where the highway sign says..."Highway 96 now ENDS"...there is no driving by!!!!

nm reef

You should have drove on in...one of the 3 remaining company owed towns in America...no fast food...nothing but miners and their familys...one bar...one restraurant...one grocery store...2 small convinence stores...all company owned. Beautiful country if you like isolated arrid mountains.:cool:

jumpfrog

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I agree with the concept of getting to know the personal side of folks.
How does a true desert guy like you get to be a reefer?

nm reef

Well..thats a long story...but I haven't always been a desert person. As a kid I grew up in isolated Arizona...in '67 we moved to the SouthEast of Missouri....in the Ozarks...after HS I've been lots of places and now reside in New Mexico...basically a love and respect for nature...and maybe...just maybe...it was the reefer!!!!:D

nolson

Meh I live in flagstaff and have never heard of bagdad lol and ive lived in arizona for 13 years lol

nm reef

Wow...surprised to see this dug up!!!
Bagdad is a very small company owned mining town about 60 miles from Prescott. Only place I've ever seen where the highways sign reads...."now ends"....

nm reef

Yup...still here checking other forums...whats up? email me if you'd like...
nmreef@"nospam"cox.net
just delete the "nospam"