OT very impressed

ctm474

While looking around on this board I have seen many great pics of people tanks so I went out and bought my first digital camera. Not wanting to break the bank I picked the Canon PowerShot A40. If anyone is familiar with cameras could you guys let me know if this is a decent camera of was it a waste of money? Thank you.

W

wildmike

change the thread name to att: ryebread camera qustion
He is the res. camera expert
Mike

barracuda

I've got PowerShot A20. It's a BIG waste of money:mad:
Originally posted by wildmike
change the thread name to att: ryebread camera qustion
He is the res. camera expert
Mike

Yeah, try to get attention of RyeBread.

ctm474

Have you ever added any other lenses? I know it also has movie mode, although I have not tried it yet.

ryebread

I have heard pretty decent things about the A40 Canon. I do not carry this model at my store, so I am not sure about what price point you paid for it to compare to other models but, it seems to do a good job for some other members here.
Important things to look for in the camera features are the MACRO mode and the ISO range. If it is good on this camera.........you are probably set up for some good shots. You just have to practice a little bit. Good luck.

ctm474

It was $199. It does have MACRO mode. It has ISO in the menu options, although I don't know what it does. I also have a 64mb card and a card reader all for that price.