OT: Whats the deal with the changes?

sid2003

I havent been to SWF.com in a while. Whats up with all the site changes? What is the wish list thing all about? Can anyone clue me in on whats been happening?

kreach

The changes just happened a few days ago... just a new look for the site. As for the wish list thing, it's a new option. When an item is out of stock, you can click on the "Wish List" button, enter your e mail address and then SWF.com will send you an e mail when the item is back in stock.

toddpolish

not sure why they made the whole interface centered to the page. it was easier to view when it was left aligned.
Plus, now the width of the Thread Name is smaller - so it's harder to skim thru a page of thread subjects cause most are on multiple lines now.
some things they've changed are nice, but not these...

polarpooch

I emailed SWF about the site and the response I received said
""we're still working on things".
I hope so. You have to think this board draws a lot of orders to SWF (I know I've ordered here more often because of it).
One nice change since my email---the page loads are MUCH faster than they've been in the last couple of days.
Perhaps it's just a matter of patience, and letting them work out the bugs.
I can deal with that.

toddpolish

I think they are improving the ordering part of the website nicely. it's starting to take shape. I am on a wish list for a nice looking coral.

I really like the new site changes. Aside from the centering of the message board, and the narrowness of the subject column (these are pretty insignificant compliants IMO). The new site is much better than the old.
One thing in particular that annoyed me (so much that I started looking at other online saltwater fish sites) was the fact that the old site constantly caused Internet Explorer to popup scripting errors.
Im glad salterwaterfish.com has improved the site. Now I dont have to look all over the web at other inferior saltwater fish companies. :)
-- Tor

I agree with TorranceJones I also really like the changes. I like how they say so much more about the fish on the page where you buy them.
Sarah :)