OT: Where are ya' going for Thanksgiving?

karajay

I'm taking my annual trip to my home town of Manitowoc, WI! Woo Hoo!
Just want to wish everyone a happy, safe holiday. And hopefully, if you are leaving town, there will be no surprises in your tank when you return.
:)

dacia

I only work part time. I have not asked for a day off since June this year. And if I had not asked for Thanksgiving off 2 weeks ago, I would be working too. I feel like a freakin' slave sometimes, because I am the only associate who not only does the job right, but shows up everytime I am supposed to on time. I think my boss takes advantage of that sometimes...he even had the gall to write on this week's schedule "off if covered." He can kiss my a** because I will NOT work a holiday. Especially since I am not even full time!!!

I

iluvfish

I'll be at work too. Hospital has to stay open. The good news is I will be off for Christmas this year!:) Then we'll be heading to Yuma, AZ to visit my in-laws.

I'm hosting the dinner as usual. We will eat well and have a nice fire and watch plenty of football! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so when I am working, I always trade to get it off. Everyone in the family is in the nursing/medical field (including myself and my husband) so it is hard sometimes to get everyone off at the same time. My husband has trauma call this week, but my fingers are crossed that everyone will be too busy eating to go do something stupid to themselves that will require him to miss dinner. I know that's selfish.....

I'll be making a cabin/mountain trip to the mountians in colorada and then be back here in Nebraska with the family for turkey day. My wife hates the cabin, it is very secluded and primitive.She will stay with family in denver. I like it due to the fact of No phones, tv and the best of all No people. Just a quiet couple of days in the mountains. I can not wait to get there tomorrow night !! The worst part Ill miss the tanks and having someone else care for them, and no computer. But hey it is always relaxing and VERY enjoyable, at least to me. Cold, Snow and quiet, that is a good mini vacation !!!
-Brian

T

thomas712

Staying home and hosting dinner for my mother and my wifes parents, like a couple of nice newleyweds, why is it the good cooks are always men? :D Still I have to work for 5 hours that day from 4pm to 9pm so will have to have dinner early afternoon.

cindyski

we are hosting this year too.
Thomas
women just pretend men are better so they dont have to do all the work :D

tru conch

hmm well lets see, since i am in iraq for thanksgiving i have my choice of d-fac (dining facility) 1, d fac 2, or the lovely d fac 3.
this will be 4 out of the last 6 thanksgivings i have been away from home. the holidays are never the same unless you are with your loved ones, but i will still try and stuff my face with some good ole army chow. hahaha. just dont forget about us poor souls who are deployed during the holidays.

lovethesea

yeah, thanks Cindy........:D although it never works in my house either. I tried for several years. Reminds me of a Everybody Loves Raymond episode when Debra finally figured out that Ray plays helpless just so she will do everything. :)
I don't have to cook this year except a cheesecake and pecan pie.
YUMMMMMMMYYYYY!! We are heading south about 1 hour from
St. Louis and then home again. Just to be able to stay home for a few days without school, homework, work, blah, blah, blah. will be nice.
Tru conch......maybe next Thanksgiving. My cousin just got home from 2 years in Bahrain, missed 2 t -days and 1 xmas. They gave him a leave for 2 weeks last xmas. So this Thanksgiving will be extra specail this year. We will keep you in our thoughts.
:)

aarone

My restaraunt is having an 8 am football game. I will be participating in that...watching the cowboys play and stuffing my face...with stuffing ;)
aaron

clown-lover

This year is going to be the hardest Thanksgiving ever.:( My Grandma just passed away, and the whole familia is taking it pretty hard. I think this whole hoiday season is going to be the hardest and roughest ever.:( She made the best Thanksgiving feast, along with the help of her six daughters. This year, we are trying to make EVERYTHING like she did, all the food is coming from her recipes.
It won't be the same without Grandma.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. God bless!

cindyski

clown-lover
i'm with ya, lost my mom & bro 2 years ago and my bro-in-law earlier this year. it sucks, things will never be the same. for 2 years we have had a "blue xmas" all blue lights on the house and on the tree, and even in the xmas town i put up. (thought the tank took its space so i dont know if i am gonna set it up this year cuz i dont know where i will put it!)
safe and happy holiday to all!
and GET THOSE MEN COOKIN!!:D :D