Our 150 Gallon Live Webcam

wax32

I used to be able to see it before you went to the streaming quicktime. Now I can't (I have quicktime). I am on dialup and I guess my connection is too slow.

cheapfish1

no thats not it i have cable and its still not working though.
edit: nvm its working fine for me in IE. Thats really awesome dude great quality video and tank. What are the fish names?

wintrmte

Ahhh man, I wonder why the tangs are fighting. I have noticed that one of them is more dominate than the other, but they seemed to get along together just fine in the LFS tank.
I'm going to go pickup another cam tomorrow for those that can't view it on Quicktime. I'll still be able to update the pictures as well as the video.
I'll post a reply once I get it going, but the streaming should be working for most everyone now (I'm done tinkering with it).

wintrmte

It was actually sand, water and rock from one of our other tanks that we used. We basically mixed the older water with newer water and wanted to let things cycle again (just to be safe). We wanted a bigger setup so we used most of our 80 gal stuff in this tank. I didn't make that very clear on the web page, so I can see where the confusion sets in.
I didn't feel comfortable not causing it to cycle, so we did the raw shrimp to throw everything into a big cycle to help the bacteria restablish its self (for better or worse).
Regardles, things seem to have made the transition.

hot883

Originally Posted by Wintrmte
It was actually sand, water and rock from one of our other tanks that we used. We basically mixed the older water with newer water and wanted to let things cycle again (just to be safe). We wanted a bigger setup so we used most of our 80 gal stuff in this tank. I didn't make that very clear on the web page, so I can see where the confusion sets in.
I didn't feel comfortable not causing it to cycle, so we did the raw shrimp to throw everything into a big cycle to help the bacteria restablish its self (for better or worse).
Regardles, things seem to have made the transition.
Good to go. I just didn't want you to crash, no flaming. As concerned reefers we need to look out ya know? I will be doing the same thing with my 125 from my 55, but will be adding new rock as well.

shu-perman

Originally Posted by Wintrmte
Ahhh man, I wonder why the tangs are fighting. I have noticed that one of them is more dominate than the other, but they seemed to get along together just fine in the LFS tank.
I'm going to go pickup another cam tomorrow for those that can't view it on Quicktime. I'll still be able to update the pictures as well as the video.
I'll post a reply once I get it going, but the streaming should be working for most everyone now (I'm done tinkering with it).
I have cable and qt too and all I get is a black screen..I was able to view it before the streaming....

wintrmte

Ok, I have changed things up and purchased another webcam. So, I've made the main page the updating webcam image and have provided a link for those that would like to watch in real time.
I also need to adjust the focus and angle a little bit.

wintrmte

Added a couple more fish. Things are starting to look pretty lively. I'm looking for feedback on the Quicktime streaming camera and if anyone was able to get it to work.

i<3fish

I got it too work. I have had it working for awhile. I am hooked on watching your tank. I get on the computer and just watch the fish swim around. Its almost as good as having one right infront of you! Great idea!!!