Our 75 gallon transfer...

heatheryjoy

I finally got everything moved over from our 55 gallon with crushed coral to a RR 75 gallon with sand. Here are pics of the new set up. I was able to make a nice cave for my tang. He was rescued from a tank full of damsels that had nearly chewed off his fins! He is doing great now and is so friendly. I've also got a pair of clowns, a huge bubble tip anemone, and a new bangaii cardinal (still in qt) I've got a few coral frags too, most are small and I can't wait for them to grow! I have everything under 350W metal halides and 192W actinic PCs.
T.
Here is the before

And the AFTER

heatheryjoy

Thankyou!
I can't believe how much easier it is to aquascape a 75! I had such a hard time with that 55 and the rocks never suited me no matter how I arranged them. They are just so narrow, about all you can do is a wall o' rock! That little bit of extra depth is nice!

nycbob

much better than the 55. nice start. in 2 months, u will wish u hv a 120 or bigger tank, lol.

heatheryjoy

If it were up to my husband we would have a 300 gallon!! He tends to go WAY overboard with things. I figured we should keep it as small as possible since our living room (where we spend all of our time) is upstairs. Don't want a huge fishtank crashing through the floor! But if it were up to him (and money no object!) he would have one big enough to scuba dive in

keith burn

Originally Posted by heatheryjoy
http:///forum/post/2552545
If it were up to my husband we would have a 300 gallon!! He tends to go WAY overboard with things. I figured we should keep it as small as possible since our living room (where we spend all of our time) is upstairs. Don't want a huge fishtank crashing through the floor! But if it were up to him (and money no object!) he would have one big enough to scuba dive in

AND ?

heatheryjoy

My 5 year old son wanted a land hermit crab....now we have 10 in a 55 gallon tank!! But guess who takes care of them
It's o.k. though they are kinda cute!