Our 90 gallon reef!!!

poniegirl

That is awesome!
What is the ledge on the left?
And tell about your clowns..have they always been together in there?

jamie814

Sorry I didn't realize I shouldn't have writen that.
Anyways our clowns have been getting along well. At the begining they were fighting over the anemone but now they seem to love each other.

bill109

your tank. beutiful.. my 90... nothing but light and salty water..
everything from the old tank into the new.. what do you have for fish in there?

jamie814

I got a couple of new corals yesterday for Christmas. One was a sun coral. It hasn't opened up yet. We are hoping for the best with him. :notsure:

jamie814

We have a Flame Angel
Copperband Butterfly
Blue Hippo Tang
Orange percula Clown
Black Percula Clown
Green Mandranian goby
six line wrasse
yellow watchman Goby
1 firefish

michaeltx

sun corals are nocturnal in nature but can be coaxed to open during the day they are probably opening up at night when the lights are off. be sure to spot feed each polyp though.
as far as selling corals the only thing allowed on the site is trading of corals absolutely NO selling.
Mike

jamie814

Yeah I just learned that. My mistake. My husband is the one usually on here. I am hoping for the best with my sun coral.

michaeltx

yeah I was just elborating alittle on it.
You have a gorgeous tank though!!! and I am sure the sun coral will come out. something to coax it out is to use a 2 liter bottle with the bottom cut off so you can add the food direct to the coral and most will open up as soon as the smell of food is near them. something to try anyway then atleast you see it opened up sooner. also to get it to open during the day feed it during the day every day and it will start opening up on its own to get the food as long as its in the general time each day.
Mike

cantbstopd

do you use anything to promote coaline to grow? nice pics.....ive started a thead of my 75 and i dont have the purple that you do.....

jamie814

Originally Posted by cantbstopd
do you use anything to promote coaline to grow? nice pics.....ive started a thead of my 75 and i dont have the purple that you do.....

No special supplements. We keep nitrates under 1 and keep calcium and alkilinity levels correct and we have more coraline than we need.

volunteerg

kenya tree, mushrooms, xenia (though I wouldn't trust it to ship well to you that far), zoos, green star polups, brown sea mat, finger leather

jamie814

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
yeah I was just elborating alittle on it.
You have a gorgeous tank though!!! and I am sure the sun coral will come out. something to coax it out is to use a 2 liter bottle with the bottom cut off so you can add the food direct to the coral and most will open up as soon as the smell of food is near them. something to try anyway then atleast you see it opened up sooner. also to get it to open during the day feed it during the day every day and it will start opening up on its own to get the food as long as its in the general time each day.
Mike
Thanks for the advise I will definatly try that tommorw.