our clown looks funny

We have had several Clown fish, But our newest Clown appears to be shedding ???????, Do Clown fish shed their outter layer or is something wrong ???????? Please comment on this, Thanks

Thank you that article was very helpful and does sound like what we are dealing with, we are trying to ge tsome pics to post.

lmecher

Yep

Do a google search of Brooklynellosis Disease
you'll find treatments and search images for photos that look similar to yours.
So sorry but it's good you caught it fast and can start treatment.

Thanks Lmecher, We will do that, We had just purchased that clown along with another one 5 days ago online, Hope other fish will be ok ???

elite

yeah my 1st clown died of the same thing.....
and it can get transfered on to other fish and most likely you other clown now has it too

janastasio

I dont think rid-ich will cure Brooklynella (think I spelled that wrong!). They are two very different things. If I remember there is a dip that needs to be done on the fish. Not sure what treatment is for the tank. There is usually quite a bit of information on the disease forum for this. This disease kills clowns very fast and also spreads fast. Did you post anything on the disease forum? If it was ich in the tank as opposed to the other, then the most effective treatment is copper or hyposalinity. Either of which, you do not want to do in your display tank, you will need a QT.

riccio

Actually, formaldehyde (11.52% formalin) is one of the ingredients of Rid-Ich, so it can be an effective treatment against brook. Besides, those percs would have been long dead by now if it didn't work.