Our First Death

prinny

We purchased an angel yesterday and it is very close to death now. She is laying on the bottom of the tank breathing very heavy. Is there anything we can do? This is so sad.

ratbattey

I hate say this, but probably not. I reviewed your previous posts and you tank has only been up a month, far too early to be adding an angel.

prinny

What order are we supposed to add the fish? We have had two clowns and a Goby if for a week, then we added the Naso Tang, and waited for four days and added the Angel and a anemone. We had our water tested before we added anything at the LFS and our home test kit. Are we going way to fast and how should we do this? I would like to add some more anemones. Our tanks is 120 gallons.

fshhub

what all are you testing for, i find it hard to believe that in a month you completely cycled, and can add those fish(you may have cycled, but should not have those fish), even if you did finish your cycle, it should take months to stock like that, only add one or 2 fish every couple of weeks(3 or 4), so, what are you testin for,and what are your readings?, plus angels should not be added to a system until it is matured(several months)
what type of angel?
if you did not cycle, completely, the clown and goby may just survive, the tang is probably iffy(probably would not survive), but an angel, most probably wouldn't
as far as anemones go, i would nto reccomend them for any aquarium at all, especially a new one