Our Rock and Lighting have arrived!!!!

stephanied

We finally have rock and lighting. I'm so excited. Last weekend we bought 100 pounds of Pukani LV and about 20 pounds of Fiji LV. Our lighting came in yesterday and our LFS installed it today. We also have our refugium set up, with Miracle mud, Calurpa, and LR rubble. Our skimmer is already working. I can finally start thinking about what kind of fish and corals to stock.
BTW, we went with 2 Hamilton 250W 14K MH, and 2 Super Atinic VHO. We are not sure about the color spectrum, it is more blue than what we had thought it would be. We were told the MH bulbs have a break in period, before their true color shows.
Do you all have any suggestions on how many hours a day the lights should be run in the beginning? We would like to avoid an algae bloom if possible. The LFS said to run them about 2 hours a day for the first week and work up from there. We do have an RO/DI unit. What do you guys think?

elitephoto

VERY nice set up. Lights only on for 2 hours? that sounds odd. Most people run them from 8-12 hours. I prefer to run mine about 8 hours so I dont get any major algae bloom happening.

stephanied

The doors in the canopy open, to allow us access into the tank. Also the canopy is detached in case we need to remove it. We built the stand a bit taller, because we wanted the tank to be more at eye level.

wangotango

im sure their LFS didnt mean 2 hours a day total. just to start out with so they didnt have an algea bloom the post said. really your lights dont have to be on at all for the cycle.