out of salt ...a salt alternative?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by bill109
.019 and mine reads reallly high compared to the lfs since mine is a 10 dlooar thing and his is a 20 dollar not a big differnence but his will say .o21 and mine says .026 (for examaple) well it sux cus i dont know what one to do.
but sepulation... would you have anyadvice to me when i atempt to build my very first stand for a new tank?
Well, If your are building a stand, keep in mind the weight of the entire tank. That includes the tank/hood itself, how many pounds of rock you intend to put in, how many pounds of sand, and water is about roughly 5lbs/gallon. Keep in mind all of that weight. Plus whatever weight of the stand and make sure you pick a spot in the house that is well supported to hold that kind of weight. Bill what are you using to measure salinity?

bill109

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Well, If your are building a stand, keep in mind the weight of the entire tank. That includes the tank/hood itself, how many pounds of rock you intend to put in, how many pounds of sand, and water is about roughly 5lbs/gallon. Keep in mind all of that weight. Plus whatever weight of the stand and make sure you pick a spot in the house that is well supported to hold that kind of weight. Bill what are you using to measure salinity?
a cheap instant ocean hydrometer
but would it b epossible to be succesfull if i build a 75 gallon stand with roughly 80 lbs of lr (in the end) and
75x5= 375
+80 455
+70 525

[hr]
525 LBS!!!
how in the workd do i make a stand hole that much weight??
BTW do yo have a longfin butterfly fish like you avatar?
i was looking into getting one when i upgrade to a 75

sepulatian

but would it b epossible to be succesfull if i build a 75 gallon stand with roughly 80 lbs of lr (in the end) and
75x5= 375
+80 455
+70 525

[hr]
525 LBS!!!
hjow in the workd do i make a stand hole that much weight??
If you are that worried, buy one. I have never built a stand, so I have no answers for you. There is a DIY forum on these boards. they may be able to help you there.

sepulatian

75x5= 375
+80 455
+70 525

[hr]
525 LBS!!!
how in the workd do i make a stand hole that much weight??
BTW do yo have a longfin butterfly fish like you avatar?
i was looking into getting one when i upgrade to a 75
I did, unfortunately he succumbed to ich. You have a qt right?

bill109

:mad:
I did, unfortunately he succumbed to ich. You have a qt right?
yesss. but how big should it be for a 75 gallon... wiat qt him before i get him for ick ( i kniw you should but) did you mean cus he is easily stresed due to the fact that they may not eat when introduced into the aquarium??
unfortunatly i looked around and look and looked untill i noticed that my mom took the tank and set it up! so now ive gott to buy somethin.. how big? can i use a 20 gallon that i used for my frech wich will be going into the 30 gallon? and i need a heater ,fake decorations filter (skimmer) and what for substrate anything colored pebbled and for fake decorations can i buy the rock that is shaped its a mixture of something sticky and sand you can buy it at ***** for 5 bucks a piece so i pu that in the 12 gallon
BTW if the 20 gallon is too big for a QT then il put the fish from the 12 to the 20 and use the 12
one last thing did you butterfly eat or is that somewhat of a reason why he he got ick?
BTW do you remeber that whole argumnet about the mods and GSD and how he said that i didnt know what i was doing and that i dont listen .. well he is still makeing comments on my posts :mad: :mad:

gsd

Little Billie scribbled:
BTW do you remeber that whole argumnet about the mods and GSD and how he said that i didnt know what i was doing and that i dont listen .. well he is still makeing comments on my posts
You really are just a child that just babbles on and on and on........that still does not follow directions or plays well with others.

oceana

time to recalculate. a gallon of water weighs around 8.33 pounds
but in this case we are using salt water. so you need to count on approx 8.56 pounds per gallon.
after tank water sand and rock that tank will weigh asround 800-900 pounds.

gsd

I was going to state the water weight was wrong myself, but I would hate to say that the great sepulatian was wrong once again and little billie is not gonna build a stand or a hood anyhow so it don;t really matter. Little billie will buy one before he builds one, as there is just too many htings he would have to follow directions on.

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by GSD
I was going to state the water weight was wrong myself, but I would hate to say that the great sepulatian was wrong once again and little billie is not gonna build a stand or a hood anyhow so it don;t really matter. Little billie will buy one before he builds one, as there is just too many htings he would have to follow directions on.
man just go away YOURE the one acting like a little child

imurnamine

I would much rather buy a stand than build one.
I love building stuff with my daddy, but a tank investment is too much to risk on our workmanship!

gsd

Mind your own business Ryan..........kill file or put up with it. Your just arrogant idiot like some of the others who do not have a clue about what they are doing most times.

sign guy

Originally Posted by GSD
Mind your own business Ryan..........kill file or put up with it. Your just arrogant idiot like some of the others who do not have a clue about what they are doing most times.
you need to cool it befor you get your self into more trouble than you can hanndle
hows that fuge ryan?

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by GSD
and im sure you do with your 167 posts

i can admit that im not am expert at this and that i still ask questions but you know what? who cares. thats wht message boards are for. asking questions and getting some answers
go away troll
sign guy, alright lol. i am having a little problem with flow. ill buy another ph and aim it at the little holes to get some flow through it!

gsd

Originally Posted by sign guy
you need to cool it befor you get your self into more trouble than you can hanndle
hows that fuge ryan?

Anytime you feel froggy sign guy just jump!
Ryan..as for number of posts that means absolutely nothing, but in one way my mediocre amount is more substance than fat, unlike you and Bills and a few others.....

imurnamine

Ryan, darling, the amount of posts a user has means nothing.
Someone on here that doesn't even HAVE a saltwater tank could have well over 300 posts as opposed to a seasoned hobbyist who just now could have found and joined the forum with 4 posts.
We need to stop fighting, here, it is making me uncomfortable...
And Bill, I think if I were you I would purchase a stand as opposed to building one... That is, unless you're one hell of a craftsman!
That way I wouldn't feel guilty if a stand I made broke and killed my tank, you know?

reckler

NO NAME CALLING! We are here for all the same reasons. just state you opinion and move on. there is no need to get hostile with each other here.

I think building your own would be cheeper but if you dan't have he time then just buy one... problem solved

sign guy

Originally Posted by GSD
Anytime you feel froggy sign guy just jump!
Ryan..as for number of posts that means absolutely nothing, but in one way my mediocre amount is more substance than fat, unlike you and Bills and a few others.....
Do you have a reason for being so rude

I simply said to cool it for your own sake but if you want to keep posting stupid little quips then don't be suprised when you can't log on :notsure:
p.s. froggy? just how old are you?

ryanhayes9

i realzie this and will not lower myself to his childish level anymore
if you want to build your own stand go for it. also search for some designs