Output from RO/DI?????

bang guy

no more than 2 tds. 0 or 1 indicates everything is working correctly. 2 means that some phosphate is leaking through the DI filter.

I have a whole house filtration system that i recently had serviced. I got a TDS meter this morning and tested the output of the RO/DI at the drinking water faucet and got 10 ppm TDS. I am trying to justify getting a seperate RO/DI just for my Reef Tank. Thank you for your input. That explains were my phospates problem is even though I run Phosguard I still get trace phosphates on my test. Just another reason in favor of a seperate RO/DI.

sign guy

Originally Posted by NewSalt40324
I have a whole house filtration system that i recently had serviced. I got a TDS meter this morning and tested the output of the RO/DI at the drinking water faucet and got 10 ppm TDS. I am trying to justify getting a seperate RO/DI just for my Reef Tank. Thank you for your input. That explains were my phospates problem is even though I run Phosguard I still get trace phosphates on my test. Just another reason in favor of a seperate RO/DI.
Why dont you just replace them with better filters?

I thought about that Sign Guy however my Life Time Warranty for the whole house system would be voided if I did anything to the RO/DI part of the system. Don't get me wrong it has cleaned up our drinking water system and it is great. Taken TDS on supply from 490 ppm to 115 ppm going into RO/DI portion. I am in a catch 22 here so the more fuel I have the better, the wife wanted the salt water tank set back up but I think she forgot about the expense at the start.

Tboy,
Are you talking about the whole house system. I got mine from RainSoft it included the main filtration the computer controller to monitor water usage to activate the salt brine flush of the DI Resin on the main system, the Carbon Tower filter (18x54) no small critter and the the RO drinking water with pressure tank and faucet also ran to my ice maker. It is abit pricey but how can you put a price on your health.

sign guy

I thought about that Sign Guy however my Life Time Warranty for the whole house system would be voided if I did anything to the RO/DI part of the system. Don't get me wrong it has cleaned up our drinking water system and it is great. Taken TDS on supply from 490 ppm to 115 ppm going into RO/DI portion. I am in a catch 22 here so the more fuel I have the better, the wife wanted the salt water tank set back up but I think she forgot about the expense at the start.
can they replace the parts for you or do you know what brand of filters they use?

bang guy

Just another reason in favor of a seperate RO/DI.
All you need is a DI cartridge like the Tap Water Purifier or a DIY. Another pass through a DI will give you pure water. If you add an RO it's probably not going to remove anything from water with a TDS of 10 so it would just me another maintenance/failure point.
I don't normally recommend the TWP but if the source water has a TDS of 10 it will last a long time.

I spoke with the company about the system they said that there equipment was working within there parameters. If I wanted purer water then I could buy another RO/DI system with finer filtration and hook it up after the carbon and resin filters that are on the main system. This goes without saying but they offered to sell and install the other system